|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the gang members feel about attending the rally?
2. Who first joins Dave in prayer during his street preaching?
3. Who did Dave tell of his idea to help the teenagers?
4. What does Dave tell the teenagers at Grand Gangsters Incorporated?
5. In what magazine did Dave see a picture of teenagers in a courtroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on Dave's second attempt at street preaching? How do you think his confidence helped?
2. What happened when Dave left the courthouse? Why do you think Dave felt the way he did?
3. What did Dave's grandfather say about Dave's mission and what do you think his grandfather meant?
4. How did many of the girls of the gang members feel about Dave converting them and what did they do about it? Why do you think the girls reacted this way?
5. What does Dave conclude about motivations for gang activity? Do you think you think there could be other reasons?
6. What did Dave decide he needed to do when he arrived in New York? Does this appear to be a wise decision?
7. What does a mother of a Dragon Gang member tell Dave? Do you think the move on the family's part is unusual?
8. What did Dave do shortly after he arrived back in New York? Do you think the gang members would have talked to him if he hadn't been thrown out of the courthouse?
9. What is the first part of Chapter 5 mostly about? What are the two likely ways that Dave could have ended up with a grandfather like that?
10. What did Dave do on his first visit to the courthouse and how did that come out? Were you surprised at the outcome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author takes a very straightforward, simple approach to telling his story. There are no poetic or literary embellishments. Discuss the following:
1. Do you think the author deliberately chose the particular writing style for a reason?
2. Does the style help or hinder the message in the book? Explain fully.
3. Does the style help or hinder reader enjoyment? Explain fully.
Essay Topic 2
In Christian evangelical terms, making statements about that faith is often called "witnessing" or "testifying" i.e., speaking of one's personal experience with God. Discuss the following:
1. Why do you think Christians desire to tell others about their religious experiences?
2. Why do you think Christians desire to convince non-believers to become Christians?
3. Do you think it is commendable that evangelical Christians go out on the streets to try to convince other people to believe as they do? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 4, David Wilkerson takes much effort and time to gain the permission of the parents of the gang so David could visit them in prison. The chaplain at the prison feels it would be too confusing for them to meet with another spiritual adviser, so Wilkerson is denied the opportunity to visit with the young men. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think is the motivation for the chaplain's denial to Wilkerson?
2. Do you believe the chaplain sincerely has the young men's best interest at heart? Why or why not?
3. How do you think Wilkerson's visiting the young men would confuse them?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)