|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria stand her ground against former gang members who wanted her money?
(a) Through prayer.
(b) By pretending to be an addict again.
(c) By hiding her money.
(d) By reading the Bible out loud to them.
2. What is the reason that Dave says everything fell into place?
(a) He seemed to have a good organizing sense.
(b) Times were more simple back then.
(c) Everyone working there was young.
(d) The Holy Spirit.
3. What term does the author explain in Chapter 21?
(a) Being baptized into the Holy Spirit.
(b) Power of prayer.
(c) On the wagon.
(d) Off the train.
4. What turns a user into a dealer?
(a) The desire to have other addicts to socialize with.
(b) He is not sure.
(c) The lack of money to buy drugs for themselves.
(d) The desire to impress others.
5. What was the ornamentation on the fireplace?
(a) A sheaf of wheat.
(b) A cross.
(c) A switchblade.
(d) A cross and a switchblade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most likely what Dave would say about faith?
2. What did Dave not want the recruits to use?
3. What does the guest do when he leaves the center physically free of the addiction?
4. What does Dave say about tears from crying?
5. Why does Dave return to New York for one last trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does he tell a Catholic priest about Pentecost?
2. What were the first stages of his New York ministry, called and what did he do primarily in it?
3. What does the author say about how Nicky's speech is received and what happens after it?
4. What does the author have to say about the economics of drugs?
5. What does Gwen point out that reminds the author of his vision in Chapter 12?
6. What does Dave describe as his first step in training the young people that would work with him? Do you think Dave had enough experience to be teaching them?
7. What upset Dave after feeling so great about Nicky?
8. What does the author describe at the beginning of Chapter 14? When you read his description did it sound like a good idea to you?
9. What does Dave say about the baptism not always freeing an addict?
10. What does Dave do after the priest and him talk?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)