|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Dave and his team looking for in a building?
(a) A building big enough for 200 people.
(b) Something cheap.
(c) Something that didn't need work.
(d) Something downtown.
2. What seemingly paradoxical statement does Wilkerson make at the opening of Chapter 22?
(a) Being drug free without God is just another trap.
(b) God is not good.
(c) The baptism of the Holy Spirit traps the one who experiences it.
(d) Life is not just being drug free.
3. From what country is Nicky?
(d) Puerto Rico.
4. What drug is one guest of the center trying to get off of in Chapter 20?
5. What did Dave say about the situation in the ministry?
(a) It was not where he was supposed to be.
(b) Clearly God had a hand in it.
(c) It was going to be a struggle.
(d) He wanted to find a different place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns to New York as an ordained minister?
2. What did Dave figure out about conversion and gang members?
3. What did Dave not want the recruits to use?
4. What happens to the ministry as a result of Dave's television program?
5. What does Maria do to help someone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gwen point out that reminds the author of his vision in Chapter 12?
2. How does Dave feel about Nicky Cruz's revelation and what does he do about it?
3. What were the first stages of his New York ministry, called and what did he do primarily in it?
4. What does he tell a Catholic priest about Pentecost?
5. To what does Nicky agree and describe what he talks about.
6. What do the recovering addicts at the center tell Dave when he asks why they are successful? What does Dave think about their answer?
7. What does the author describe at the beginning of Chapter 14? When you read his description did it sound like a good idea to you?
8. What does Dave say about the baptism not always freeing an addict?
9. What methods does Dave say the board used to purchase the building? What do you think he means by "hard-nosed" business sense?
10. What does Dave describe as his first step in training the young people that would work with him? Do you think Dave had enough experience to be teaching them?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)