|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What turns a user into a dealer?
(a) The desire to impress others.
(b) He is not sure.
(c) The lack of money to buy drugs for themselves.
(d) The desire to have other addicts to socialize with.
2. What does the guest do when he leaves the center physically free of the addiction?
(a) Murders another gang member who insults him.
(b) Tries to force his girlfriend to quit.
(c) Starts witnessing to other addicts.
(d) Gets arrested for theft and drug possession.
3. What kind of thought did Dave say they used to purchase the building?
(a) They had no clear thoughts.
(b) Hard-nosed business sense.
(c) They purchased the first thing that came up.
(d) Lack of understanding real estate.
4. What was the address of Dave's building?
(a) 416 Clinton.
(b) 5534 145th. Ave.
(c) 614 Main.
(d) 535 Broad.
5. What was the requirement for the young people who would work at the Center?
(a) Not smoking cigarettes.
(b) Able to read and write English and Spanish.
(c) Able to deal with potentially violent street ministry.
(d) They come from a Christian raised background.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did they have to clean out of the building?
2. What is most likely what Dave would say about faith?
3. Where does Maria go after her conversion?
4. What was the ornamentation on the fireplace?
5. What does Wilkerson learn about how addicts at the center stay off drugs successfully?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the first stages of his New York ministry, called and what did he do primarily in it?
2. What does Dave describe as his first step in training the young people that would work with him? Do you think Dave had enough experience to be teaching them?
3. What does Gwen point out that reminds the author of his vision in Chapter 12?
4. What does Dave do after the priest and him talk?
5. In Chapter 11 what is the author contemplating? What does he do to help him in his decision?
6. Give a brief synopsis on how the author sees the manner in which drug addiction comes about. Do you think this seems reasonable?
7. What eventually happened to Maria?
8. What was the process Dave had to go through in order to have the Teen Challenge Center ready for Business?
9. What do the recovering addicts at the center tell Dave when he asks why they are successful? What does Dave think about their answer?
10. Who inspired Dave to find a place and what did she say would come? Who helped him find a place for the Teen Center and what did they find? Does the place sound like a good building?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)