|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what type of circumstances does Dave say most people in that area lived?
(c) Lower class.
(d) Pretty much the same as anyone.
2. What did Dave not want the recruits to use?
(d) Rehearsed answers.
3. What does Nicky tell him when he encounters him?
(a) He is getting married.
(b) He is going back to Puerto Rico.
(c) He has returned to the gangs.
(d) He wants to be a preacher.
4. What does Dave decide to do at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Resume face-to-face encounters with troubled teens.
(b) Rent a room in New York.
(c) Have a mass rally in New York.
(d) Stay in Pennsylvania.
5. How does Maria get off drugs?
(a) She goes to a drug rehab center.
(b) She found the Holy Spirit during a visit to the Ortez' church.
(c) She checks herself into the hospital.
(d) Her boyfriend forces her to quit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pointed out the ornamentation on the fireplace?
2. Who describes the experience of the baptism of the Holy Spirit in detail to a priest who visits the center?
3. What is Dave considering in the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. What did Dave figure out about conversion and gang members?
5. Why does Dave return to New York for one last trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave describe as his first step in training the young people that would work with him? Do you think Dave had enough experience to be teaching them?
2. What does Dave do after the priest and him talk?
3. Who inspired Dave to find a place and what did she say would come? Who helped him find a place for the Teen Center and what did they find? Does the place sound like a good building?
4. How does Dave feel about Nicky Cruz's revelation and what does he do about it?
5. In Chapter 11 what is the author contemplating? What does he do to help him in his decision?
6. Give a brief synopsis on how the author sees the manner in which drug addiction comes about. Do you think this seems reasonable?
7. What did Linda Meisner do at the Center? How did she handle the dangers of her job?
8. To what does Nicky agree and describe what he talks about.
9. What does Gwen point out that reminds the author of his vision in Chapter 12?
10. Who does he encounter when he arrives back in New York and what does that person tell him?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)