|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dave teach the young recruits first?
(a) How to answer questions.
(b) How to convert someone.
(c) How to preach.
(d) About the world of the gangs.
2. What seemingly paradoxical statement does Wilkerson make at the opening of Chapter 22?
(a) The baptism of the Holy Spirit traps the one who experiences it.
(b) God is not good.
(c) Being drug free without God is just another trap.
(d) Life is not just being drug free.
3. Who describes the experience of the baptism of the Holy Spirit in detail to a priest who visits the center?
(b) Another evangelical preacher.
(c) Wilkerson's wife.
(d) One of the recovering addicts who experiences it.
4. What did Dave tell the recruits to communicate?
(a) How to live right.
(b) Why the gangs needed the center.
(c) The truth of their faith.
(d) Why the gangs were bad for you.
5. What did Dave not want the recruits to use?
(d) Rehearsed answers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take him to break the physical side effects of stopping?
2. What did Dave find out shortly after his encounter with Nicky?
3. How did they get furniture for the building?
4. How did the church respond to Nicky's story?
5. What did Dave say came very quickly in regard to the building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author describe at the beginning of Chapter 14? When you read his description did it sound like a good idea to you?
2. In Chapter 11 what is the author contemplating? What does he do to help him in his decision?
3. What was the process Dave had to go through in order to have the Teen Challenge Center ready for Business?
4. What story does the author tell in Chapter 20 to illustrate the difficulty of breaking a drug habit. Do you agree with his assessment?
5. What does Dave describe as his first step in training the young people that would work with him? Do you think Dave had enough experience to be teaching them?
6. What upset Dave after feeling so great about Nicky?
7. What does the author have to say about the economics of drugs?
8. What does Dave say about the baptism not always freeing an addict?
9. Who does he encounter when he arrives back in New York and what does that person tell him?
10. What does Gwen point out that reminds the author of his vision in Chapter 12?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)