|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dave's church help him in his quest?
(a) Took up a collection to cover expenses.
(b) Prayed with him.
(c) Took his children to care for while he was gone.
(d) Packed his car with food.
2. What was Dave's occupation?
3. Why do they decide a mass rally would be good?
(a) The television crews would cover it.
(b) To reach a lot of teens.
(c) The newspaper would report it.
(d) Billy Graham has them.
4. What does Dave think teenagers need instead of gangs?
(a) A friendly, loving, non-judgmental place to go.
(b) Better schools.
(c) Parents who attend church.
(d) To be saved by religion.
5. What does Dave say are three main activities of gangs?
(a) Dancing, drinking and sex.
(b) Numbers racket, murder and drugs.
(c) Illicit sex, money laundering and drugs.
(d) Violence, illicit sex, drug dealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave say was a prayer-based miracle about getting signatures from the parents?
2. What did Dave do to decide what he was supposed to do about the picture he saw?
3. What did the first parent of the teenage boys tell Dave?
4. How does Gwen see his initial conversions?
5. What does the judge decide not to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event with Dave's life is scheduled to occur at the same time as the rally? How does she feel about Dave being in New York?
2. What happened when Dave left the courthouse? Why do you think Dave felt the way he did?
3. What is the first part of Chapter 5 mostly about? What are the two likely ways that Dave could have ended up with a grandfather like that?
4. What happens at Dave's first attempt at street preaching? Why do you think it helped him with his mission?
5. What did Dave do with what his mother said and how did some of the people in his home town react to him? How did his mother's words help him?
6. What did Dave decide he needed to do when he arrived in New York? Does this appear to be a wise decision?
7. What did Dave do shortly after he arrived back in New York? Do you think the gang members would have talked to him if he hadn't been thrown out of the courthouse?
8. Who does Dave visit on his way home and what is he told? Do you think it was good for Dave to hear?
9. How did Dave feel on his journey to New York and what did he fear? Was his fear appropriate?
10. What did Dave do on his first visit to the courthouse and how did that come out? Were you surprised at the outcome?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)