|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what did Dave take encouragement about his idea?
(a) His brother.
(b) A parable he knew from the Bible.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) A randomly chosen Bible verse.
2. From which gang did the seven boys in jail come?
(a) Hoods and Dolls.
(b) Dragon Gang.
(d) Night Train.
3. Who does Dave encounter after getting his first signature?
(a) Esperanza Martinez.
(b) Nicki Bandon.
(c) Angelo Morales.
(d) Pablo Gonzales.
4. Who does Dave decide can give him advice about what to do?
(a) His mother.
(b) His pastor.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandfather.
5. What was Dave's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what magazine did Dave see a picture of teenagers in a courtroom?
2. What did Dave do at the end of the trial's first morning?
3. Who does Dave visit on his way back to his home after his first visit to New York?
4. To whom does Dave speak when he leaves the courthouse?
5. How does Dave feel about his initial conversions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Dave trying to do at the beginning of Chapter 4 and why? Do you think he was being unrealistic?
2. In Chapter 8 Dave meets another minister. Who was it and who else does Dave meet through him. Considering how important this person becomes to Dave why do you think it might have been destiny for them to meet?
3. What did Dave do on his first visit to the courthouse and how did that come out? Were you surprised at the outcome?
4. How did many of the girls of the gang members feel about Dave converting them and what did they do about it? Why do you think the girls reacted this way?
5. Who does Dave visit on his way home and what is he told? Do you think it was good for Dave to hear?
6. How will Dave be able to fund a rally? Explain why someone of faith might say this is a case of "God will provide."
7. What happens on Dave's second attempt at street preaching? How do you think his confidence helped?
8. What does Dave conclude about motivations for gang activity? Do you think you think there could be other reasons?
9. How does his attempts to find the parents go at first and what gives him his first break through? Do you think him "stumbling" onto the front door of the father is an amazing coincidence?
10. What kind of prayer did Dave's grandfather believe in and what was one example of it that Dave saw as a young boy? Do you think that event was a major influence on Dave's own life?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)