|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave tell the teenagers at Grand Gangsters Incorporated?
(a) That they can come back home with him.
(b) That they will die young.
(c) That God loves all teenagers.
(d) That God will punish them.
2. What does the judge decide not to do?
(a) Give the boys bail.
(b) Talk to Dave.
(c) Have an open trial.
(d) Press charges against Dave.
3. How did some people in his hometown react when Dave returned home?
(d) Cold and rejecting.
4. What does Dave do when he first arrives back in New York?
(a) Goes to the courthouse.
(b) Goes to the city jail.
(c) Gets a motel.
(d) Walks around.
5. What did Dave do at the end of the trial's first morning?
(a) Pushed his way in to see the judge.
(b) Talked to the sheriff.
(c) Talked to the bailiff.
(d) Talked to the boys' parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dave do to decide what he was supposed to do about the picture he saw?
2. Who calms Maria?
3. Who does Dave visit on his way back to his home after his first visit to New York?
4. How did Dave feel as he drove to New York?
5. What does Dave say was a prayer-based miracle about getting signatures from the parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of prayer did Dave's grandfather believe in and what was one example of it that Dave saw as a young boy? Do you think that event was a major influence on Dave's own life?
2. What is the first part of Chapter 5 mostly about? What are the two likely ways that Dave could have ended up with a grandfather like that?
3. Who does Dave visit on his way home and what is he told? Do you think it was good for Dave to hear?
4. What happened when Dave left the courthouse? Why do you think Dave felt the way he did?
5. What does a mother of a Dragon Gang member tell Dave? Do you think the move on the family's part is unusual?
6. What did Dave decide he needed to do when he arrived in New York? Does this appear to be a wise decision?
7. What happens at Dave's first attempt at street preaching? Why do you think it helped him with his mission?
8. What happens on Dave's second attempt at street preaching? How do you think his confidence helped?
9. How did Dave feel about leaving his home and why did he decide, finally to do it? How do you think he saw his decision process?
10. What does Dave conclude about motivations for gang activity? Do you think you think there could be other reasons?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)