|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave feel about what Nicky tells him?
(a) Astounded and excited.
2. What did Dave finally decide to purchase?
(a) An old fire house.
(b) An old office building.
(c) A decrepit mansion.
(d) Two tenement buildings.
3. What was the ornamentation on the fireplace?
(a) A cross and a switchblade.
(b) A switchblade.
(c) A sheaf of wheat.
(d) A cross.
4. What does Wilkerson learn about how addicts at the center stay off drugs successfully?
(a) By asking their parents for help.
(b) By being baptized into the Holy Spirit.
(c) By attending church and school.
(d) By prayer.
5. Who does Dave say inspired him to find a building for his dream?
(a) His grandfather.
(c) Rev. Ortez.
(d) Nicky Cruz.
6. What does Nicky tell him when he encounters him?
(a) He is getting married.
(b) He has returned to the gangs.
(c) He wants to be a preacher.
(d) He is going back to Puerto Rico.
7. Where was Dave when his inspiration to move came to him?
(a) On top of a mountain.
(b) At his grandfather's house.
(c) A moonlit, healthy wheat field.
(d) In a gang's hide out.
8. What did they have to clean out of the building?
(a) Accumulated debris.
(c) Mud from a flood.
(d) Homeless people.
9. With what did Dave confront the young recruits?
(a) Their fanaticism.
(b) Thinking they were different then others.
(c) Their own preconceptions.
(d) Wanting to save everyone.
10. How is one trapped when s/he receives the baptism of the Holy Spirit?
(a) By feeling ill if one uses.
(b) By the approbation of fellow Christians if one uses.
(c) There is no trap.
(d) It is a healthy, safe, redeemed trap of the Holy Spirit.
11. What turns a user into a dealer?
(a) The lack of money to buy drugs for themselves.
(b) He is not sure.
(c) The desire to have other addicts to socialize with.
(d) The desire to impress others.
12. How does Maria get off drugs?
(a) She goes to a drug rehab center.
(b) Her boyfriend forces her to quit.
(c) She found the Holy Spirit during a visit to the Ortez' church.
(d) She checks herself into the hospital.
13. What did Nicky say the author did that made him listen?
(a) Trusted him.
(b) Showed him pictures of children.
(c) Told him about hell.
(d) Loved him.
14. What does Nicky leading a prayer service inspire a young man to do?
(a) Ask for the experience of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
(b) Give up drugs for the day.
(c) Go bring his girlfriend to the Center.
(d) Go bring his parents to the Center.
15. Under what type of circumstances does Dave say most people in that area lived?
(a) Lower class.
(b) Pretty much the same as anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria do to help someone?
2. What drug is one guest of the center trying to get off of in Chapter 20?
3. What does Dave decide to do at the beginning of Chapter 14?
4. How does Dave describe their financing for the building?
5. What were Dave and his team looking for in a building?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)