|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason some who slip back into addiction leave the addiction again?
(a) They are re-baptized by the Holy Spirit.
(b) The Holy Spirit makes it too uncomfortable for them to be addicts.
(c) It is uncertain why some are able to return to addiction and then be off addition.
(d) Wilkerson challenges them to try again.
2. What is the reason that Dave says everything fell into place?
(a) Everyone working there was young.
(b) The Holy Spirit.
(c) He seemed to have a good organizing sense.
(d) Times were more simple back then.
3. What did Dave not want the recruits to use?
(a) Rehearsed answers.
4. What does Nicky say he remembers Dave first said to him?
(a) He needed to turn himself around.
(b) He was going to hell.
(c) He was loved.
(d) He was a sinner.
5. What did Dave teach the young recruits first?
(a) How to preach.
(b) About the world of the gangs.
(c) How to answer questions.
(d) How to convert someone.
6. Where was Dave when his inspiration to move came to him?
(a) In a gang's hide out.
(b) On top of a mountain.
(c) At his grandfather's house.
(d) A moonlit, healthy wheat field.
7. What is most likely what Dave would say about faith?
(a) It's not important.
(b) It comes and goes.
(c) It is powerful.
(d) Some people don't need it.
8. Who is still unable to get off drugs?
9. What does Wilkerson carefully analyze?
(a) How to help families of small children to avoid gang problems.
(b) How to motivate gang members to go to church.
(c) How a teen becomes an addict.
(d) How to make evangelism more effective.
10. What does Nicky leading a prayer service inspire a young man to do?
(a) Go bring his girlfriend to the Center.
(b) Go bring his parents to the Center.
(c) Ask for the experience of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
(d) Give up drugs for the day.
11. What does Dave say about tears from crying?
(a) They are a minor part of conversion.
(b) They are unmanly.
(c) They don't have to happen.
(d) They have a cleansing power.
12. What were Dave's living quarters like when he returns to New York.
(a) Small and uncomfortable.
(b) He lived in a tenement in the ghetto.
(c) He stayed in the Ortez's church.
(d) A motel room.
13. What did the church do when Nicky was finished speaking?
(a) Sponsors him for college.
(b) Takes up a collection for him.
(c) Tells him to get a job.
(d) Asks him to join their church.
14. What did they have to clean out of the building?
(a) Homeless people.
(c) Mud from a flood.
(d) Accumulated debris.
15. How did the ministry overcome its problems?
(a) A benefactor stepped forward.
(b) It lowered Dave's salary.
(c) It received funds from the federal government.
(d) It shut down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilkerson learn about how addicts at the center stay off drugs successfully?
2. What does Dave call his new dream?
3. How did the church respond to Nicky's story?
4. What happens to the ministry as a result of Dave's television program?
5. What did Dave tell the recruits to communicate?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)