|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dave find out shortly after his encounter with Nicky?
(a) Gwen was ill and he needed to return home.
(b) One of his early converts had been forced back into the gangs.
(c) His grandfather was dying.
(d) Nicky dropped out of school in the seventh grade.
2. What were Dave and his team looking for in a building?
(a) Something that didn't need work.
(b) Something cheap.
(c) Something downtown.
(d) A building big enough for 200 people.
3. What does Maria do to help someone?
(a) Calls for help for preventing a drug-related murder.
(b) Tells the police where a body from a gang murder was hidden.
(c) Revives a gang member who overdoses.
(d) Gives the church some of her drug money.
4. What did Dave say came very quickly in regard to the building?
(a) The note due on the second mortgage.
(b) Building inspectors.
(c) Too many teenagers to fill it.
(d) Property taxes.
5. Who pointed out the ornamentation on the fireplace?
(a) Rev. Ortez.
6. What did Dave not want the recruits to use?
(c) Rehearsed answers.
7. What happens to the ministry as a result of Dave's television program?
(a) It grew larger and larger.
(b) It was showered with donations.
(c) It went into debt.
(d) It failed and went bankrupted.
8. How did Dave begin to reach the teens?
(a) Through the newspaper.
(b) On the radio.
(c) Street preaching.
(d) In a short, simple, television program.
9. What does Wilkerson carefully analyze?
(a) How to make evangelism more effective.
(b) How a teen becomes an addict.
(c) How to motivate gang members to go to church.
(d) How to help families of small children to avoid gang problems.
10. What is another factor about drug addiction that Wilkerson addresses in Chapter 19?
(a) The making of the drugs.
(b) The economics of drug addiction.
(c) The pattern of distribution of addicts in a city.
(d) The abomination of drug addiction.
11. Where was Dave when his inspiration to move came to him?
(a) At his grandfather's house.
(b) In a gang's hide out.
(c) On top of a mountain.
(d) A moonlit, healthy wheat field.
12. Who describes the experience of the baptism of the Holy Spirit in detail to a priest who visits the center?
(b) Wilkerson's wife.
(c) Another evangelical preacher.
(d) One of the recovering addicts who experiences it.
13. What is most likely what Dave would say about faith?
(a) It is powerful.
(b) Some people don't need it.
(c) It's not important.
(d) It comes and goes.
14. What does Nicky say he remembers Dave first said to him?
(a) He was loved.
(b) He was going to hell.
(c) He was a sinner.
(d) He needed to turn himself around.
15. Where does Dave invite Nicky to speak?
(a) The Shriner's auditorium.
(b) The youth center.
(c) At his church in Pennsylvania.
(d) A suburban church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of thought did Dave say they used to purchase the building?
2. What turns a user into a dealer?
3. How does Wilkerson research the means of staying off drugs?
4. What did the church do when Nicky was finished speaking?
5. What does Nicky talk about from his life before he met Dave?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)