|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave considering in the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Starting a television evangelical show.
(b) Going back to Pennsylvania.
(c) Starting a teen center.
(d) Moving his family to New York.
2. Under what type of circumstances does Dave say most people in that area lived?
(a) Lower class.
(c) Pretty much the same as anyone.
3. What did Dave say about the situation in the ministry?
(a) It was not where he was supposed to be.
(b) He wanted to find a different place.
(c) It was going to be a struggle.
(d) Clearly God had a hand in it.
4. What did Dave find out shortly after his encounter with Nicky?
(a) Gwen was ill and he needed to return home.
(b) His grandfather was dying.
(c) Nicky dropped out of school in the seventh grade.
(d) One of his early converts had been forced back into the gangs.
5. What were Dave and his team looking for in a building?
(a) Something cheap.
(b) A building big enough for 200 people.
(c) Something that didn't need work.
(d) Something downtown.
6. What did Dave teach the young recruits first?
(a) How to preach.
(b) How to answer questions.
(c) About the world of the gangs.
(d) How to convert someone.
7. Who describes the experience of the baptism of the Holy Spirit in detail to a priest who visits the center?
(a) One of the recovering addicts who experiences it.
(b) Wilkerson's wife.
(c) Another evangelical preacher.
8. What was the ornamentation on the fireplace?
(a) A cross.
(b) A sheaf of wheat.
(c) A cross and a switchblade.
(d) A switchblade.
9. What does the guest do when he leaves the center physically free of the addiction?
(a) Starts witnessing to other addicts.
(b) Murders another gang member who insults him.
(c) Tries to force his girlfriend to quit.
(d) Gets arrested for theft and drug possession.
10. From what country is Nicky?
(c) Puerto Rico.
11. How did Dave begin to reach the teens?
(a) In a short, simple, television program.
(b) On the radio.
(c) Through the newspaper.
(d) Street preaching.
12. What does it seem Wilkerson thinks is necessary in order to stay off drugs?
(a) Leaving the ghetto.
(b) A disciplined life.
(c) Intense desire.
(d) The Holy Spirit.
13. What is the reason that Dave says everything fell into place?
(a) Times were more simple back then.
(b) Everyone working there was young.
(c) He seemed to have a good organizing sense.
(d) The Holy Spirit.
14. What turns a user into a dealer?
(a) The desire to impress others.
(b) The desire to have other addicts to socialize with.
(c) The lack of money to buy drugs for themselves.
(d) He is not sure.
15. What term does the author explain in Chapter 21?
(a) Off the train.
(b) Being baptized into the Holy Spirit.
(c) On the wagon.
(d) Power of prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the ministry as a result of Dave's television program?
2. Who pointed out the ornamentation on the fireplace?
3. How does Wilkerson research the means of staying off drugs?
4. What does Wilkerson carefully analyze?
5. What does Dave decide to do at the beginning of Chapter 14?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)