|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they decide a mass rally would be good?
(a) The newspaper would report it.
(b) The television crews would cover it.
(c) To reach a lot of teens.
(d) Billy Graham has them.
2. How does Dave feel after the first day at the courthouse?
(a) Calm and peaceful.
(c) Humiliated and frustrated.
3. What kind of prayer did Dave's grandfather tell him to practice?
(b) Quiet, contemplative.
(d) Intense, long hours.
4. How do the gang members feel about attending the rally?
5. What does Dave say are three main activities of gangs?
(a) Numbers racket, murder and drugs.
(b) Dancing, drinking and sex.
(c) Violence, illicit sex, drug dealing.
(d) Illicit sex, money laundering and drugs.
6. What did courthouse security believe Dave to be?
(a) A defendent's father.
(b) A member of the press.
(c) An assassin.
(d) A gang member.
7. What does Dave decide is the reason teenagers join gangs?
(a) They like the drugs.
(b) To rebell against their parents.
(c) They like the violence.
(d) Out of a sense of deep loneliness and feeling unloved.
8. What does Dave suggest is the result of violence in gangs?
(a) It makes it more difficult to preach to the gangs.
(b) It keeps the streets from being safe.
(c) It spreads throughout the community.
(d) Too many kids end up dead.
9. What is happening to the families of the Dragon Gang?
(a) They are being hassled by the police.
(b) They are being given money.
(c) Nothing is happening.
(d) They are receiving threats.
10. In what magazine did Dave see a picture of teenagers in a courtroom?
(c) New Yorker.
11. What did Dave feel when he saw the picture in the magazine?
(b) To help the teenagers in his town.
(c) To go and help the teenagers.
(d) He felt he should become a police officer.
12. Why does Dave need signatures from the parents of the seven boys?
(a) To be allowed to write them.
(b) To be allowed to send them Bibles.
(c) To officially appoint him as their chaplain.
(d) To visit them in jail.
13. How many teenagers were in the picture?
14. Who agrees to provide funding for the rally?
(a) The city council.
(b) Fourteen churches in the area.
(c) A generous member of the church.
(d) Dave's grandfather.
15. From what did Dave take encouragement about his idea?
(a) A randomly chosen Bible verse.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) A parable he knew from the Bible.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dave do after the first day at the courthouse?
2. Who was he determined to see in New York?
3. Why did Dave feel embarrassment about going to New York?
4. Who does Dave encounter after getting his first signature?
5. What do gang members think they will lose if they leave their home turf?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)