|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maria visit Dave at the Ortez' house?
(a) She wants to see Pennsylvania.
(b) She is pregnant and wants help.
(c) She wants to hear more about God.
(d) She threatens to kill herself if he doesn't leave the gangs alone.
2. Who does Dave encounter after getting his first signature?
(a) Pablo Gonzales.
(b) Angelo Morales.
(c) Esperanza Martinez.
(d) Nicki Bandon.
3. What does Gwen say people shouldn't pray for?
(a) A job and new house.
(b) Anything that is selfish.
(c) Massive conversions among the gangs.
(d) Miracles if they don't believe in them.
4. Who does Dave meet in Chapter 8 who becomes a big part of his mission?
(a) Nicky Cruz.
(b) The leader of the Guys and Tails gang.
(c) The chief of police.
(d) Reverend Ortez.
5. What does Dave do with most of his time in New York at first?
(a) Finds a church to join.
(b) Tryies to see the seven boys in jail.
(c) Explores the city.
(d) Looks for an apartment.
6. How do the gangs feel about Dave's trouble with the police?
(a) It makes him look silly.
(b) It means nothing because it wasn't a real crime.
(c) He can't be a real preacher.
(d) It gives him respect.
7. What does Dave do when he first arrives back in New York?
(a) Walks around.
(b) Goes to the courthouse.
(c) Gets a motel.
(d) Goes to the city jail.
8. What does Dave eventually receive when back at home?
(a) A letter from the judge.
(b) A plea from one of the teenager's mother.
(c) Divine guidance.
(d) A call to move to a different church.
9. With what does Dave have his first encounter when visiting Grand Gangsters Incorporated?
(a) A switchblade.
(b) Teen sexuality and drugs.
(d) Indifferent parents.
10. When thinking about returning to New York how does Dave feel?
(c) Ready to leave immediately.
11. For what had the teenagers been arrested?
(b) Drug pushing.
(d) Robbing a bank.
12. How did some people in his hometown react when Dave returned home?
(b) Cold and rejecting.
13. What does the judge decide not to do?
(a) Have an open trial.
(b) Talk to Dave.
(c) Press charges against Dave.
(d) Give the boys bail.
14. Who calms Maria?
15. Where did Dave live at the beginning of the book?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Dave uneasy about New York City?
2. What did Dave manipulate Nicky into doing the last night of the rally?
3. From which gang did the seven boys in jail come?
4. What happens at Dave's first attempt at street preaching?
5. Who first joins Dave in prayer during his street preaching?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)