|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees to provide funding for the rally?
(a) The city council.
(b) Dave's grandfather.
(c) A generous member of the church.
(d) Fourteen churches in the area.
2. What does his grandfather remember about a snake?
(a) It was caught with a forked stick.
(b) It was shedding its skin.
(c) It moved away from loud noises.
(d) It was ready to strike.
3. What entire gang came forward for conversion the last night?
(a) The Dragon Gang.
(b) The Gangs Incorporated.
(c) The Guys and Dolls.
(d) The Mau Mau gang.
4. From what did Dave take encouragement about his idea?
(a) A parable he knew from the Bible.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) A randomly chosen Bible verse.
5. How do the gangs feel about Dave's trouble with the police?
(a) It makes him look silly.
(b) It gives him respect.
(c) He can't be a real preacher.
(d) It means nothing because it wasn't a real crime.
6. How do the gang members feel about attending the rally?
7. What did the first parent of the teenage boys tell Dave?
(a) He was an atheist and didn't like pastors.
(b) He would never sign.
(c) He had read about him and hoped he would meet him.
(d) He thought his son should be in prison.
8. What happens at Dave's first attempt at street preaching?
(a) An entire gang is converted.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) Someone throws rotten fruit at him.
(d) He is shot at.
9. How did the rally go for the first few nights?
(a) It was cancelled for the first two nights.
(b) It was moderately sucessful.
(c) It was a failure.
(d) It was a spectacular success.
10. What could the violence that spreads out from gangs called?
(a) Side line violence.
(b) Street violence.
(c) Familial violence.
(d) Collateral violence.
11. What does Dave say are three main activities of gangs?
(a) Violence, illicit sex, drug dealing.
(b) Dancing, drinking and sex.
(c) Illicit sex, money laundering and drugs.
(d) Numbers racket, murder and drugs.
12. What does Dave suggest is the result of violence in gangs?
(a) It keeps the streets from being safe.
(b) It makes it more difficult to preach to the gangs.
(c) Too many kids end up dead.
(d) It spreads throughout the community.
13. Who does Dave decide can give him advice about what to do?
(a) His father.
(b) His pastor.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His mother.
14. What does the judge decide not to do?
(a) Have an open trial.
(b) Give the boys bail.
(c) Talk to Dave.
(d) Press charges against Dave.
15. Who believes two spiritual advisers would be confusing?
(a) The judge.
(b) The prison chaplain.
(c) No one.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dave do after the first day at the courthouse?
2. Who does Dave visit on his way back to his home after his first visit to New York?
3. What was Dave's occupation?
4. From which gang did the seven boys in jail come?
5. How many teenagers were in the picture?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)