|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what did Dave take encouragement about his idea?
(a) His brother.
(b) A parable he knew from the Bible.
(c) A randomly chosen Bible verse.
(d) His grandfather.
2. What does Dave imagine by the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Putting a new church in gang territory.
(b) Visiting gang members in prison.
(c) Building a place for teenagers.
(d) A network of preachers hanging out in the gangs.
3. To what does Dave's grandfather compare Dave's mission in New York?
(a) Catching a fish and releasing it.
(b) Perseverance through faith.
(c) The incident with the snake.
(d) Healing by prayer.
4. What do gang members think they will lose if they leave their home turf?
(a) Their money.
(b) They don't know the area and could get lost.
(c) Their power.
(d) Their girlfriends.
5. What does Gwen say people shouldn't pray for?
(a) Anything that is selfish.
(b) Massive conversions among the gangs.
(c) Miracles if they don't believe in them.
(d) A job and new house.
6. Who agrees to provide funding for the rally?
(a) Dave's grandfather.
(b) The city council.
(c) A generous member of the church.
(d) Fourteen churches in the area.
7. What does Dave think teenagers need instead of gangs?
(a) To be saved by religion.
(b) Better schools.
(c) A friendly, loving, non-judgmental place to go.
(d) Parents who attend church.
8. What happens at the courthouse when Dave returns with all the signatures?
(a) He is given a form for his pastor to fill out.
(b) He goes in to see the boys.
(c) He is mugged and loses all the signatures.
(d) He is refused permission.
9. What did Dave manipulate Nicky into doing the last night of the rally?
(a) Sing a hymn.
(b) Take up the collection.
(c) Sit on the front row.
(d) Come up on the stage.
10. What does Dave say are three main activities of gangs?
(a) Numbers racket, murder and drugs.
(b) Dancing, drinking and sex.
(c) Violence, illicit sex, drug dealing.
(d) Illicit sex, money laundering and drugs.
11. Who does Dave meet in Chapter 8 who becomes a big part of his mission?
(a) Nicky Cruz.
(b) Reverend Ortez.
(c) The leader of the Guys and Tails gang.
(d) The chief of police.
12. Who does Dave arrange for new Christians to see?
(a) A factory owner about a job.
(b) Ministers in the area.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) The police to confess any crimes.
13. What does Dave tell the teenagers at Grand Gangsters Incorporated?
(a) That they will die young.
(b) That God loves all teenagers.
(c) That God will punish them.
(d) That they can come back home with him.
14. What does the judge decide not to do?
(a) Give the boys bail.
(b) Have an open trial.
(c) Talk to Dave.
(d) Press charges against Dave.
15. What does Dave do when he first arrives back in New York?
(a) Goes to the courthouse.
(b) Walks around.
(c) Gets a motel.
(d) Goes to the city jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What entire gang came forward for conversion the last night?
2. Who first joins Dave in prayer during his street preaching?
3. For what had the teenagers been arrested?
4. Who was healed through prayer?
5. How does Gwen feel about Dave staying in New York?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)