|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a possible definition of the literary term "climax" of the book?
(a) The highest point of emotion, the achievement of the central character's goal.
(b) When something is hinted at in one chapter that happens in a later one.
(c) When something changes irreversibly.
(d) When the author reveals the major point of the book.
2. Who does Dave decide can give him advice about what to do?
(a) His pastor.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
3. What does the guest do when he leaves the center physically free of the addiction?
(a) Tries to force his girlfriend to quit.
(b) Gets arrested for theft and drug possession.
(c) Murders another gang member who insults him.
(d) Starts witnessing to other addicts.
4. Where is the new Teen Challenge Center spoken about in the Epilogue?
(d) San Francisco.
5. What does Dave say are three main activities of gangs?
(a) Dancing, drinking and sex.
(b) Numbers racket, murder and drugs.
(c) Illicit sex, money laundering and drugs.
(d) Violence, illicit sex, drug dealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the gang members feel about attending the rally?
2. Who was healed through prayer?
3. How do the gangs feel about Dave's trouble with the police?
4. What does Dave do with most of his time in New York at first?
5. What does Dave eventually receive when back at home?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)