|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Dave speak when he leaves the courthouse?
(a) The press.
(b) The teenagers' parents.
(c) His wife.
(d) No one.
2. What inspires Dave to change his type of preaching for the last part of the rallies?
(a) An encounter with Jo-Jo.
(b) A conversation with his wife.
(c) A talk with his father.
(d) An encounter with Nicky.
3. Who was he determined to see in New York?
(a) The presiding judge of the teenagers' trial.
(b) The leader of the Crisp gang.
(c) His brother.
(d) His ex-friend.
4. Why was Dave uneasy about New York City?
(a) He had a poor sense of direction and would get lost easily.
(b) He had read it was full of crime.
(c) He had an old friend he'd fought with who lived there.
(d) He was very sheltered from a rural area.
5. What do the gang members think might happen if they converted?
(a) They would have to get married.
(b) They would be poor.
(c) They might cry.
(d) They would have to get a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave feel after the first day at the courthouse?
2. Who does Dave meet in Chapter 8 who becomes a big part of his mission?
3. Who first joins Dave in prayer during his street preaching?
4. How do the gang members feel about attending the rally?
5. What does Dave decide is the reason teenagers join gangs?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)