|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dave feel embarrassment about going to New York?
(a) He didn't have the proper clothes.
(b) He stuttered when he talked.
(c) His country ways would make him look foolish.
(d) He was ashamed of his religion.
2. How did some people in his hometown react when Dave returned home?
(b) Cold and rejecting.
3. Who did Dave tell of his idea to help the teenagers?
(a) His church.
(b) The police.
(c) His boss.
(d) A lawyer.
4. What did Dave do at the end of the trial's first morning?
(a) Talked to the sheriff.
(b) Pushed his way in to see the judge.
(c) Talked to the boys' parents.
(d) Talked to the bailiff.
5. Why was Dave uneasy about New York City?
(a) He had an old friend he'd fought with who lived there.
(b) He was very sheltered from a rural area.
(c) He had a poor sense of direction and would get lost easily.
(d) He had read it was full of crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Dave speak when he leaves the courthouse?
2. Who was he determined to see in New York?
3. What does Dave eventually receive when back at home?
4. What does Dave get from his church when he decides to return to New York?
5. In what magazine did Dave see a picture of teenagers in a courtroom?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)