|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the courthouse when Dave returns with all the signatures?
(a) He is refused permission.
(b) He is given a form for his pastor to fill out.
(c) He goes in to see the boys.
(d) He is mugged and loses all the signatures.
2. What did Dave feel when he saw the picture in the magazine?
(b) To help the teenagers in his town.
(c) To go and help the teenagers.
(d) He felt he should become a police officer.
3. To whom does Dave speak when he leaves the courthouse?
(a) No one.
(b) The press.
(c) The teenagers' parents.
(d) His wife.
4. Why did Dave feel embarrassment about going to New York?
(a) His country ways would make him look foolish.
(b) He didn't have the proper clothes.
(c) He was ashamed of his religion.
(d) He stuttered when he talked.
5. What does Dave's grandfather tell him about New York?
(a) His mission may be more important than the seven boys.
(b) He should return to his home.
(c) He has been messing it up.
(d) He needs to speak better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave need signatures from the parents of the seven boys?
2. What does Dave decide is the reason teenagers join gangs?
3. What does his grandfather remember about a snake?
4. What did Dave do after the first day at the courthouse?
5. What could the violence that spreads out from gangs called?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)