Chapters 1, 2 and 3
• Dave Wilkerson sees a picture in Life magazine of seven teenagers on trial for the murder of another teenager.
• Dave is a pastor of a small rural Pentecostal church in Pennsylvania.
• He feels led to go to New York and talk to the seven teenagers.
• He told his church that he felt God was telling him to go. They put together a collection to pay his expenses.
• In Chapter 2 he describes the journey to New York and his anxiety about taking such an unusual action.
• He is embarrassed at how his innocence and lack of knowledge of procedures in a large city and a court make him look.
• He pushes his way into the courtroom to see the judge and is stopped by security who believe he is a gang member.
• After his credentials are finally believed he is released and interviewed by the press.
This section contains 1,455 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)