|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bank was The Bank of North America modeled after?
2. The Rothschild family held sway over most political leaders with the exception of what historic figure?
3. Why was the language of the Federal Reserve Act kept intentionally vague?
4. What is the Rothschild Formula?
5. What system was in control of the economy before the Federal Reserve System was established?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 18, what impact did stable banking practices have?
2. According to Chapter 12, what event sparked the conflicts that led to World War I?
3. In Chapter 10, what resulted from the Mandrake Mechanism?
4. According to Chapter 10, what is the basic structure of the US monetary system?
5. In Chapter 12, what were the sales of English and French war bonds used for?
6. In Chapter 11, what place in history does the Rothschild family hold?
7. In Chapter 16, when was the first central bank founded in the US?
8. According to Chapter 20, what was the economic outlook in the U.S. following the Civil War?
9. In Chapter 9, what restrictions were placed on the Bank of Amsterdam which was established in 1609?
10. According to Chapter 24, what decade marked the beginning of a tremendous surge in U.S. debt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What city-state was the first to establish an actual banking system--a system on which modern banking is based? Discuss the establishment of early European banks. Discuss the seizure of the Bank of Hamburg.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the sinking of the Lusitania. Who conspired to lure German U-Boats to sink it? What impact did the attack on the ship have? How many people died in the attack?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how monetary systems originated? What were the first commodities that were traded? What ancient culture was the first to establish a monetary system based on precious metals? What type of economic environment emerged from this system?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)