|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dispute did President Andrew Jackson have with the leader of The Second Bank?
2. What event sparked the conflicts that led to World War I?
3. Why was the use of fiat money disallowed in the United States?
4. When did governmental typically find it necessary to print more paper money?
5. What financing was behind the second Russian revolution?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 13, what was really behind the Russian Bolshevik Revolution?
2. In Chapter 12, what were the sales of English and French war bonds used for?
3. In Chapter 11, what place in history does the Rothschild family hold?
4. According to Chapter 14, how many revolutions did Russia actually undergo?
5. According to Chapter 18, what impact did stable banking practices have?
6. According to Chapter 21, what system was in control of the economy before the Federal Reserve System was established?
7. In Chapter 16, when was the first central bank founded in the US?
8. According to Chapter 19, what were the causes of the Civil War?
9. According to Chapter 11, what is the Rothschild Formula?
10. According to Chapter 24, what decade marked the beginning of a tremendous surge in U.S. debt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What event is usually blamed for the Great Depression? What were underlying reasons for the Great Depression? Why were Americans drawn to socialism during this crisis? What finally ended the Depression?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the process of passing legislation to establish the Federal Reserve? What were the obstacles and drawbacks? When was the Federal Reserve Act finally passed? What type of language was used in writing the bill?
Essay Topic 3
Where was the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank created and what was their stated purpose? What association did they have to the United Nations? What did the author feel was the real goal in establishing the IMF?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)