|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the economic downturn in 1818?
2. Why was the use of fiat money disallowed in the United States?
3. What caused the collapse of the Bank of Hamburg in 1813?
4. What restricted the the states from using fiat money?
5. What restrictions were placed on the Bank of Amsterdam which was established in 1609?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 24, what decade marked the beginning of a tremendous surge in U.S. debt?
2. According to Chapter 18, what impact did stable banking practices have?
3. In Chapter 9, what restrictions were placed on the Bank of Amsterdam which was established in 1609?
4. According to Chapter 9, what culture first developed the the modern equivalent of the banking industry?
5. According to Chapter 10, what is the basic structure of the US monetary system?
6. According to Chapter 13, what was really behind the Russian Bolshevik Revolution?
7. According to Chapter 19, what were the causes of the Civil War?
8. According to Chapter 25, what did the author predict for the U.S. economy?
9. According to Chapter 25, what two social classes does the author predict for the future?
10. According to Chapter 14, how many revolutions did Russia actually undergo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What event is usually blamed for the Great Depression? What were underlying reasons for the Great Depression? Why were Americans drawn to socialism during this crisis? What finally ended the Depression?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the historic reasons for the Civil War. According to the author, what were some of the real reasons behind the war? What role did foreign interests play in the war?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the Mandrake Mechanism and its effect on an economy. Why was the system made to be complex?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)