|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the Savings & Loan crisis of the 1980s?
2. What was the impact of the creation of new money on the currency?
3. During which president's administration were policies that were a hybrid of socialism and capitalism developed?
4. What is a fractional money system?
5. What type of person was Paul Moritz Warburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how was the employment picture beginning to change?
2. According to Chapter 7, what culture was the first to create a currency system based on gold and silver?
3. In Chapter 7, what impact did the Greek currency system have on the economy?
4. In Chapter 8, how did the development of paper money begin?
5. In Chapter 8, what did the issuance of the first paper money lead to?
6. According to Chapter 3, how did the government help the Lockheed Corporation?
7. According to Chapter 5, what resulted from the removal of the gold standard?
8. According to Chapter 4, when did Americans become interested in socialism?
9. According to Chapter 5, what was the relationship between the UN and the World Bank and IMF?
10. According to Chapter 1, what did over-lending by banks result in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What city-state was the first to establish an actual banking system--a system on which modern banking is based? Discuss the establishment of early European banks. Discuss the seizure of the Bank of Hamburg.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Savings & Loan Crisis of the 1980s? How did the crisis develop? What role did the Federal Reserve play? What did the Congress force the S&Ls to do?
Essay Topic 3
What event is usually blamed for the Great Depression? What were underlying reasons for the Great Depression? Why were Americans drawn to socialism during this crisis? What finally ended the Depression?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)