|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were S&Ls popular with those seeking loans in the 1980s?
2. What is the fundamental basis of capitalism?
3. How did the government provide economic support to Lockheed Corporation in 1970?
4. What caused the Savings & Loan crisis of the 1980s?
5. Why did banks make risky loans?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 6, how did the new world order develop?
2. In Chapter 2, what was the main cause of the economic meltdown in 2008?
3. According to Chapter 7, what culture was the first to create a currency system based on gold and silver?
4. According to Chapter 3, what was the result of the first electronic run on banks in 1983?
5. In Chapter 6, why did all nations, in the author's opinion, become socialistic in the New World Order?
6. In Chapter 2, why did banks make risky loans?
7. In Chapter 2, how did the banks make their money?
8. According to Chapter 1, what did over-lending by banks result in?
9. According to Chapter 4, what caused the Savings & Loan crisis of the 1980s?
10. According to Chapter 4, when did Americans become interested in socialism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the sinking of the Lusitania. Who conspired to lure German U-Boats to sink it? What impact did the attack on the ship have? How many people died in the attack?
Essay Topic 2
What was the financial impact of the Russian Revolution? How many revolutions did Russia undergo within the same year? Describe the two revolutions and what resulted from them.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the process of passing legislation to establish the Federal Reserve? What were the obstacles and drawbacks? When was the Federal Reserve Act finally passed? What type of language was used in writing the bill?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)