Section I. What Creature Is This? Chapter 1 The Journey to Jekyll Island
• The Federal Reserve has not been the success it was supposed to be.
• The Federal Reserve was developed during a secret meeting on Jekyll Island.
• Before the Federal Reserve, there were bank runs and currency drains.
Section I. What Creature Is This? Chapter 2 The Name of the Game Is Bailout
• Banks were unregulated resulting in fraud.
• The U.S. government worsened economic woes by creating the FDIC.
• The Federal Reserve caused a devaluation of the currency.
Section I. What Creature Is This? Chapter 3 Protectors of the Public
• The first government bailout was in 1970 for the Penn Central Railroad.
• The first electronic run on banks occurred in 1983 which led to a massive $6 billion bailout.
• The Nationalization of banks occurred under both liberal and conservative presidents.
Section I. What Creature Is This? Chapter 4 Home Sweet Loan
• During the...
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)