|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Milton before he wrote Paradise Lost?
(a) He nearly died.
(b) He lost his wife.
(c) He lost his children.
(d) He went blind.
2. Where does Boorstin say Monet's achievement was made?
(a) In the relationship between the artist and history.
(b) In the elusive moment.
(c) In the relationship between audience and nature.
(d) In the eternal moment of art.
3. What was novel about the essay according to Boorstin?
(a) It was combined fiction and non-fiction.
(b) It preserved traditional confessional literary traditions in a new form.
(c) It allowed for new definitions of community.
(d) It celebrated the self.
4. How does Boorstin characterize Wordsworth's best work?
(c) Epic poetry.
5. What did Kafka believe about the inner and outer selves according to Boorstin?
(a) They were bent on destroying each other.
(b) They were mutually exclusive.
(c) They were capable of mystical harmonies.
(d) They ran in separate ways.
Short Answer Questions
1. What history did Prescott and Parkman write?
2. What does Boorstin say T.S. Eliot believed poetry was about?
3. What does Boorstin say Mozart said about dying?
4. In what tradition was Cristabel written according to Boorstin?
5. What did Bondone create according to Boorstin?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)