|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Koestler characterize creativity in the epigraph to Book 3?
(a) As a new form of philosophy.
(b) As a new language.
(c) As a new discipline.
(d) As a new form of learning.
2. When did Montaigne publish his Essays?
3. In what period was the symphony created?
4. Where was the skyscraper born?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
5. What did Gibbon say was the essence of history?
(a) Human habits and utterances.
(b) Wars and elections.
(d) Political movements.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what tradition was Cristabel written according to Boorstin?
2. When did Goethe start Faust?
3. What made Lyrical Ballads revolutionary according to Boorstin?
4. How many paintings does Boorstin say da Vinci left?
5. How was Gibbon perceived in Boorstin's account?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Coleridge's importance in imaginative literature according to Boorstin?
2. What does Boorstin say is Ben Franklin's contribution to the art of imaginative life?
3. Where does Melville's Moby Dick fit in Boorstin's narrative?
4. How does Boorstin characterize Johann Sebastian Bach's contribution to human imaginative work?
5. How does Proust change the way we understand imagination in modern times?
6. How does Boorstin characterize Monet's accomplishment?
7. What was Gibbon's innovation?
8. What innovation does Boorstin say Leonardo da Vinci made in imaginative art?
9. In what way did T. S. Eliot change the course of literature's evolution?
10. What, in Boorstin's opinion, is calligraphy's place in the history of human culture?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)