|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was startling about Leaves of Grass in Boorstin's account?
(a) Whitman's apocalyptic prophecies.
(b) Whitman's excessive metaphors.
(c) Whitman's indiscriminate subject matter.
(d) Whitman's discontent with the modern world.
2. What does Boorstin say was the second step in the use of skyscrapers?
(a) National pride.
(d) Architectural form.
3. Why did Dickens leave the public sphere?
(a) His doctor warned him against public readings.
(b) He was censored.
(c) He was arrested.
(d) He went bankrupt.
4. In Boorstin's account, Michelangelo changed man from an imitation of nature to what?
(a) A perfection of nature.
(b) An example for nature.
(c) A recreation of nature.
(d) The measure of nature.
5. How did the orchestra change in the fifteenth century according to Boorstin?
(a) Instruments were grouped into families.
(b) Conductors were introduced to coordinate parts.
(c) Composers began to employ new forms of harmony and dissonance.
(d) They swelled to unprecedented size.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Boorstin characterize Of Education?
2. How was Gibbon perceived in Boorstin's account?
3. How does Boorstin say Proust created life?
4. What did Kafka believe about the inner and outer selves according to Boorstin?
5. What was the subject of Monet's art?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)