|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of what did Milton create poetry in Boorstin's account?
(a) Man's difficulties with right and wrong.
(b) Man's adventures in choice.
(c) Man's struggles with good and evil.
(d) Man's diabolical nature.
2. Whom does Boorstin say was the first biographer?
(a) Dr. Samuel Johnson.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) James Boswell.
3. What does Boorstin say Giotto di Bondone was the first Western artist to do?
(a) Tell stories in paintings.
(b) Bring Christian archetypes to life.
(c) Depict the human nude.
(d) Include text in his paintings.
4. How does Boorstin characterize Wordsworth's best work?
(a) Epic poetry.
5. What did Bondone create according to Boorstin?
(a) A new form of Christian allegory.
(b) Individuality in visual arts.
(c) Human figures who transcended religion.
(d) A personal vision of Christian archetypes.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what did Melville reflect in Moby Dick according to Boorstin?
2. What is the relationship between teacher and learner according to the Koestler quote in the epigraph to Book 3?
3. Advances in what field made it possible for calligraphy to be an art in Chinese culture according to Boorstin?
4. What happened to Milton before he wrote Paradise Lost?
5. In what way is Moby Dick NOT a novel according to Boorstin?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)