Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Boorstin characterize "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"?
(a) The first confessional poem.
(b) The last Medieval chanson.
(c) The first post-modern poem.
(d) The first modernist poem.
2. Where does Boorstin say Kafka's charm is to be found?
(a) In his restraint from suicide.
(b) In his affection for his own demise.
(c) In his ambiguity.
(d) In his absurdism.
3. What did William Henry Fox Talbot discover?
(a) A process for capturing images on glass.
(b) A process for capturing sharp contrasts between black and white on photographic film.
(c) A process for using silver nitrate to make copies.
(d) A process for retouching negatives.
4. Whom does Boorstin say was the first biographer?
(a) Dr. Samuel Johnson.
(b) James Boswell.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
5. What history did Prescott and Parkman write?
(a) Of the future unification of mankind.
(b) Of European conquest of Native Americans.
(c) Of the literary accomplishments Europeans brought to America.
(d) Of the coming technological changes in Western culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boorstin say Melville presents in Moby Dick?
2. What does Boorstin say Bruneleschi and Alberti rediscovered?
3. Where does Goethe say the shadows are deepest in the epigraph to Part 10?
4. What does Boorstin say artists began to see in modern art?
5. What does Boorstin say Michelangelo inspired people to idealize?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)