|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what period was the symphony created?
2. What motif did Bruneleschi and Alberti introduce to Western art?
(a) The division of a canvas into allegorical and realist halves.
(b) Decorative cherubs.
(c) Mimetic realism.
(d) The view out of a window.
3. How does Boorstin characterize "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"?
(a) The first modernist poem.
(b) The first post-modern poem.
(c) The last Medieval chanson.
(d) The first confessional poem.
4. What did modern dance claim to be according to Boorstin?
(a) The daughter of ballet.
(b) The physical expression of Western philosophy.
(c) The art of the future.
(d) The art of movement.
5. In what tradition was Cristabel written according to Boorstin?
(a) Gothic Romance.
(c) Classical symmetry.
(d) Baroque ornamentation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the orchestra change in the fifteenth century according to Boorstin?
2. What did Kafka believe about the inner and outer selves according to Boorstin?
3. What does Boorstin say man is finally learning to celebrate in Book 3?
4. What history did Prescott and Parkman write?
5. What happened to Milton before he wrote Paradise Lost?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)