|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Greeks discover through drama according to Boorstin?
(b) Heroes of myth.
(c) The laws of fate.
(d) The laws of the state.
2. Of what is The Odyssey a parable according to Boorstin?
(a) The mystery of language.
(b) The mystery of creation.
(c) The mystery of death.
(d) The mystery of warfare.
3. How does Boorstin say Muslims see creativity?
(a) As dangerous.
(b) As an echo of God's creation.
(c) As innate to human beings.
(d) As usurping Allah's prerogative.
4. What was depicted in the first images?
(a) Abstract symbols.
(c) The landscape.
5. How does Boorstin characterize Hindu religion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boorstin say is the difference between tragedy and comedy?
2. What does Boorstin say man discovered in Section 24: The Birth of the Spectator?
3. What does Boorstin say Christianity got people to see?
4. What does Byron say a sculptor should do in the epigraph to Part 4?
5. What does Boorstin say was absent from the Decameron?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boorstin describe the Hindu contribution to imaginative culture?
2. How do Muslims differ from Greeks and Christians in their approach to making images?
3. How does Boorstin say the Japanese differ from Westerners in their architectural approach?
4. What does Boorstin say is the Koran's position on imaginative culture?
5. What innovation did Dante introduce to Western culture?
6. What does Boorstin say is the importance of megaliths?
7. What was Boccaccio's contribution to Western culture?
8. What contribution did the Egyptians make in building the pyramids?
9. How does Boorstin describe the birth of drama?
10. What is a dithyramb and what is its place in imaginative culture?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)