Short Answer Key
Part 1, Sections 1-4
1. Which kind of creation does Boorstin NOT describe in The Creators?
2. What is Boorstin's subject in The Creators?
How mankind has invented itself.
3. What is the source of the epigraph that opens The Creators?
Jain Sacred text.
4. Who are the devas?
5. What does Boorstin say Afghanistani made possible according to Hindus?
6. What does the third-eye represent in Hindu art?
The vision men share with the gods.
7. Who was the first divinity according to the Rig Veda?
8. Why does Confucius say that it is impossible for men to serve the spirits?
Because they don't know how to serve each other.
9. How does Boorstin characterize Hindu religion?
10. What did Confucius say comprised wisdom?...
This section contains 2,531 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)