|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Sections 57-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Confucius say comprised wisdom?
(a) Knowing how to confront difficult questions without flinching.
(b) Knowing how to expand your power.
(c) Knowing what you do not know.
(d) Knowing how to survive.
2. What does Boorstin say was absent from the Decameron?
3. What artistic movement does Boorstin say Monet initiated?
4. What does Boorstin say man is finally learning to celebrate in Book 3?
(a) Each individual.
(c) The Other.
(d) The human masses.
5. What does Paul Valery say the artist's business is in the epigraph to Book 1?
(a) To create gods.
(b) To do God's will.
(c) To make something out of nothing.
(d) To free man from God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Saint Ambrose invent?
2. What does Boorstin say Moses introduced into Western culture?
3. What fear did St. Ambrose's creation allay?
4. Where does Boorstin say Monet's achievement was made?
5. What is a dithyramb?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)