|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Sections 57-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul Valery say the artist's business is in the epigraph to Book 1?
(a) To free man from God.
(b) To do God's will.
(c) To create gods.
(d) To make something out of nothing.
2. What did Gibbon add to the genre of human comedy according to Boorstin?
(a) The historical novel.
(b) The biography of kings.
(c) The saga of empire.
(d) The fairy tale of history.
3. What does Boorstin say Michelangelo inspired people to idealize?
4. What governs the relationship between mankind and Moses' God?
(a) The Old Testament.
(b) The fates.
(c) A covenant.
5. What does Boorstin say Paleolithic man discovered in making images?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Boorstin characterize Of Education?
2. What does Boorstin say Rousseau's Confessions are a self-defense against?
3. What did Thespis invent, according to Boorstin?
4. When did Bruneleschi make the Foundling Hospital in Florence?
5. Where was the skyscraper born?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)