|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Sections 57-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the special element of Gothic architecture in Boorstin's opinion?
2. With what does Boorstin say men had to struggle in order to believe in the power of human creativity?
(a) The awe of Hebraic religion.
(b) Greek grammar.
(c) The logic of Greek mathematicians.
(d) The charm of Greek philosophy.
3. What does Boorstin say man seeks in making art?
(b) Rebellion against God.
4. To what condition does art aspire according to Pater's epigraph for Part 9?
5. How does Boorstin characterize the Decameron?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did opera develop in Europe?
2. Who was the first divinity according to the Rig Veda?
3. What does Boorstin say the Renaissance offered to Shakespeare?
4. What does Virginia Woolf say, in the second epigraph to Part 7, about writing?
5. What tradition did the Christian church follow in its churches?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)