|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Sections 57-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of what did Milton create poetry in Boorstin's account?
(a) Man's diabolical nature.
(b) Man's struggles with good and evil.
(c) Man's difficulties with right and wrong.
(d) Man's adventures in choice.
2. What did the dithyramb and its derivatives do in Greek history?
(a) Define Greek metaphysics.
(b) Provide a foundation for mathematical logic.
(c) Glorify Greece.
(d) Explore the territories around Greece.
3. What motif did Bruneleschi and Alberti introduce to Western art?
(a) Decorative cherubs.
(b) The view out of a window.
(c) The division of a canvas into allegorical and realist halves.
(d) Mimetic realism.
4. What does Byron say a sculptor should do in the epigraph to Part 4?
(a) Leave some flaw by which the work could be distinguished from the model.
(b) Capture his model.
(c) Perfect his model.
(d) Exceed his model.
5. Whose arguments allowed images of human figures to be created and displayed in Christianity?
(b) St. John of Damascus.
(c) St. Augustine.
(d) Jesus Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boorstin say Paleolithic man discovered in making images?
2. What did modern dance claim to be according to Boorstin?
3. What was the Romans' principal building material in Boorstin's opinion?
4. What was novel about the essay according to Boorstin?
5. What metaphor does Boorstin say permeates Christian literature?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)