|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Sections 17-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boorstin say Moses introduced into Western culture?
(a) The notion of eternal reoccurrence.
(b) The idea of human sacrifice.
(c) The idea of original sin.
(d) The idea of a single omnipotent creator.
2. What should be the outcome of art according to the Byron epigraph?
(a) Perfection of human nature.
(b) Replacement of God.
(c) Heroic beauty.
(d) Emulation of God.
3. What does Boorstin say Afghanistani made possible according to Hindus?
4. How does Boorstin characterize Hindu religion?
5. What is the source of the epigraph that opens The Creators?
(a) Jain Sacred text.
(b) The Old Testament.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) The Rig Veda.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did men begin to make images of themselves?
2. What does the third-eye represent in Hindu art?
3. What becomes harder to understand in a culture that believes in one god in Boorstin's account?
4. Of what is The Odyssey a parable according to Boorstin?
5. How does Boorstin characterize Philo of Alexandria's view of philosophy?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)