|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Sections 17-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Boorstin characterize Philo of Alexandria's view of philosophy?
(a) He sees it as a temptation to evil.
(b) He sees it as the language of human logic.
(c) He sees it as the handmaiden of theology.
(d) He sees it as the true religion.
2. For what was God cutting rods, in the quote from Martin Luther that opens Part 2?
(a) Wicked people.
(b) People who don't inquire into the world.
(c) To use for writing.
(d) People who ask too many questions.
3. What tradition did the Christian church follow in its churches?
(a) Northern forests.
(b) Greek temples.
(c) Roman temples.
(d) Jewish synagogues.
4. What does Boorstin say Christianity helped man discover?
(b) The New World.
(c) Man's power to control nature.
(d) Man's power to create.
5. What does Boorstin say Afghanistani made possible according to Hindus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What should be the outcome of art according to the Byron epigraph?
2. What does Boorstin say is the paradoxical nature of Moses' God?
3. How does Boorstin say Muslims see creativity?
4. What part of Philo of Alexandria's philosophy does Boorstin say determined what man could know and what he could not?
5. On what was Roman architecture based according to Boorstin?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)