|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11: Sections 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boorstin say Christianity got people to see?
(a) The future.
(b) The nature of divinity.
(c) Time as cyclical.
2. What does Boorstin say Giotto di Bondone was the first Western artist to do?
(a) Include text in his paintings.
(b) Bring Christian archetypes to life.
(c) Depict the human nude.
(d) Tell stories in paintings.
3. How did the orchestra change in the fifteenth century according to Boorstin?
(a) Instruments were grouped into families.
(b) They swelled to unprecedented size.
(c) Composers began to employ new forms of harmony and dissonance.
(d) Conductors were introduced to coordinate parts.
4. What does Chaucer say in the epigraph to Part 8?
(a) That history is made on the backs of common men.
(b) That a liar is the most honest of men.
(c) That the lives of the common people are themselves art.
(d) That life is short and craft is hard to learn.
5. What does Boorstin say is the paradoxical nature of Moses' God?
(a) He has always existed and still waits to come into existence.
(b) He speaks in texts but means all things.
(c) He is a creation of mankind but exists beyond human comprehension.
(d) He exists but his qualities can not be known.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what tradition was Cristabel written according to Boorstin?
2. What should be the outcome of art according to the Byron epigraph?
3. What does Boorstin say Christianity helped man discover?
4. What does Boorstin say was combined in the skyscraper?
5. What did Gibbon say was the essence of history?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)