|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11: Sections 61-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Boorstin say men had to struggle in order to believe in the power of human creativity?
(a) Greek grammar.
(b) The awe of Hebraic religion.
(c) The charm of Greek philosophy.
(d) The logic of Greek mathematicians.
2. Where does Goethe say the shadows are deepest in the epigraph to Part 10?
(a) Where there is the least hope.
(b) Where the light is brightest.
(c) Where the genius sleeps.
(d) Where music is most organized.
3. What did Saint Ambrose invent?
(a) Colored printing.
(b) Christian hymns.
(c) Christian architecture.
(d) Stained glass windows.
4. What is the source of the epigraph that opens The Creators?
(a) Jain Sacred text.
(b) The Old Testament.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) The Rig Veda.
5. What did Thespis invent, according to Boorstin?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Goethe start Faust?
2. In what does Boorstin say Rabelais' book was an act of faith?
3. What does Boorstin say Christianity helped man discover?
4. How does Boorstin say Muslims see creativity?
5. What does Boorstin say Rousseau's Confessions are a self-defense against?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)