|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Sections 57-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boorstin say Milton wrote after Comus and Lycidas?
2. What are hieroglyphs?
(a) No one knows.
(b) A pictorial language.
(c) Symbols of a dead language.
(d) An early alphabet.
3. What was novel about the essay according to Boorstin?
(a) It allowed for new definitions of community.
(b) It celebrated the self.
(c) It was combined fiction and non-fiction.
(d) It preserved traditional confessional literary traditions in a new form.
4. What did Gibbon say was the essence of history?
(a) Human habits and utterances.
(c) Political movements.
(d) Wars and elections.
5. In what does Zola say man DID NOT stop believing in the epigraph to Book 3?
(b) The future.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the cave drawings discovered?
2. Whom does Boorstin say was the first biographer?
3. What does Boorstin say man is finally learning to celebrate in Book 3?
4. When did Montaigne publish his Essays?
5. What should be the outcome of art according to the Byron epigraph?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)