|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Sections 57-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what use did Romans put sculpture according to Boorstin?
(a) Teaching anatomy.
(b) Holding up buildings.
(c) Marking territories.
(d) Memorializing the dead.
2. How does Boorstin characterize Of Education?
(a) A manifesto of humanism.
(b) A satire on learning.
(c) A farce about religious education.
(d) A morality tale about experience and wisdom.
3. In what does Zola say man DID NOT stop believing in the epigraph to Book 3?
(a) The future.
4. Whom does Boorstin say was the first biographer?
(b) Dr. Samuel Johnson.
(c) James Boswell.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
5. What happened to Milton before he wrote Paradise Lost?
(a) He nearly died.
(b) He lost his wife.
(c) He went blind.
(d) He lost his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the ideal human figure shift from Egypt to Greece?
2. What did Gibbon say was the essence of history?
3. In what way does Boorstin say Milton was a strong individual?
4. What should be the outcome of art according to the Byron epigraph?
5. Whose arguments allowed images of human figures to be created and displayed in Christianity?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)