Part 1, Sections 1-4
1. Which kind of creation does Boorstin NOT describe in The Creators?
(b) Visual arts.
2. What is Boorstin's subject in The Creators?
(a) How mankind has progressed through the ages.
(b) How mankind has come to face the question of its own survival.
(c) How mankind has manipulated its environment.
(d) How mankind has invented itself.
3. What is the source of the epigraph that opens The Creators?
(a) The Rig Veda.
(b) The Old Testament.
(c) Jain Sacred text.
(d) The Odyssey.
4. Who are the devas?
(a) Buddhist monks.
(b) Hindu gods.
(c) Mesopotamian scribes.
(d) Syrian warriors.
5. What does Boorstin say Afghanistani made possible according to Hindus?
6. What does the third-eye represent in Hindu art?
(a) Ancestors watching over people.
(b) Man's self-awareness.
(c) The ability of special men to see beyond physical sight.
(d) The vision men share with the gods.
7. Who was the first divinity according to the Rig Veda?
This section contains 4,639 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)