|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is discovered about Petra's father as a result of Mrs. Van Valck's actions?
(a) He is an escaped felon.
(b) He is an expert mathematician.
(c) He is an embezzler.
(d) He has two black ancestors.
2. For what is Daniel Nxumalo arrested in Chapter Fourteen?
(b) Public intoxication.
(c) Speaking about politics in public.
3. Which of the following is not something that the 48-page booklet Detleef creates and requires every citizen to carry contains?
(a) A driver's license.
(b) Medical information.
(c) A passport.
(d) Racial identity.
4. What is the name of Richard Saltwood's South African estate?
(a) Santa Rosa.
(b) De Kraal.
5. With which side do many blacks fight during the Boer wars?
(a) The French.
(b) The Portuguese.
(c) The English.
(d) The Dutch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a condition in the English concentration camps?
2. Why are the mine owners forcing white Afrikaners out of the mines in Chapter Twelve?
3. In 1857, what does the Xhosa prophet, Nonqause, inaccurately predict?
4. Who does Tjaart Van Doorn marry when his first wife, Jakoba, dies?
5. What is the Broederbond?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)