1. At the beginning of Chapter One, what has caused the water of the lake to become brackish?
2. Which of the following wildlife is not seen at the lake at the beginning of Chapter One?
A grizzly bear.
3. How old is Gumsto when he first appears in the novel?
4. Which of the following physical characteristics is not typical of the clan to which Gumsto belongs?
Over six feet tall in height.
5. How many members are in Gumsto's clan?
6. Why does Gumsto feel entitled to take the seventeen-year-old widow Naoka as his wife?
He's the leader of the clan.
This section contains 5,140 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)