|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV, Diamonds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Philip fall in love while in Africa?
(a) Kathryn Troxel.
(b) Carrie Nxumalo.
(c) Angelina Troxel.
(d) Sannie Van Doorn.
2. Who inherits the Van Doorn's South African estate after Paul de Prè's death?
(a) Paul's son Louis.
(b) Sarel Van Doorn.
(c) Hendrik Van Doorn.
(d) Paul's son Henri.
3. What is the name of the Van Doorn estate in South Africa?
(a) Rose Hills.
(b) De Kraal.
4. With whom does Willem Van Doorn fall in love and father two children?
(a) A French woman named Danielle.
(b) A slave girl named Ateh.
(c) An English woman named Julia.
(d) A Dutch woman named Hanneke.
5. For what is Daniel Nxumalo arrested in Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Public intoxication.
(d) Speaking about politics in public.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent to the south to see if the Dutch families there can be counted on to join the Dutch families in the north if fighting breaks out between the English and the Dutch?
2. When Nxumalo gains the king's attention, what new job is he given?
3. Which of the following is not a law Detleef helps pass once he's in parliament?
4. To what religion does Prince Henry of Portugal wish to convert Africa?
5. What legal step does Mrs. Van Valck take concerning Petra?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)