|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV, Diamonds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Saltwood is elected to parliament in Chapter Six?
2. Who inspires Hilary Saltwood to become a missionary?
(a) John Calvin.
(b) Josiah Saltwood.
(c) Karel Van Doorn.
(d) Simon Keer.
3. In what stream does he search for diamonds in Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Van Dotten Stream.
(b) Swartsroom Stream.
(c) Chesterfield Stream.
(d) Marksbury Stream.
4. Which of the following does not describe the way the Broderbond works?
(a) They infiltrate schools and railways.
(b) They put themselves into decision making positions.
(c) They infiltrate politics and business.
(d) They publicize their activities in newspapers.
5. What is the name of the Van Doorn estate in South Africa?
(b) Rose Hills.
(c) De Kraal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the mine owners forcing white Afrikaners out of the mines in Chapter Twelve?
2. Why does Prince Henry of Portugal want his ships to sail around Africa's cape?
3. Why does Gumsto feel entitled to take the seventeen-year-old widow Naoka as his wife?
4. What punishment does the governor of Java impose on slaves who try to escape?
5. Why does Nxumalo decide not to return to his home village after seeing Zimbabwe?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)