|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV, Diamonds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a law Detleef helps pass once he's in parliament?
(a) Laws against interracial marriages.
(b) Laws removing voting rights from people of mixed race.
(c) Laws legalizing segregation of the races in South Africa.
(d) Laws demanding military service for all men.
2. Why does Mrs. Van Valck become jealous of Petra in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Petra outperforms Mrs. Van Valck's daughter Minna in math.
(b) Petra is better at soccer than Mrs. Van Valck's daughter.
(c) Petra is a cheerleader and Mrs. Van Valck's daughter isn't.
(d) Petra's family is wealthier than the Val Valck family.
3. When the Crimean War causes a reduction in enlistments in the British army, from where do the British recruit new soldiers?
(a) The Zulus.
(d) The Xhosa.
4. Who writes the book entitled "The Truth About South Africa", accusing the Dutch Boers of abusing and murdering the native Africans?
(a) Simon Keer.
(b) Dr. Nels Linnart.
(c) Hilary Saltwood.
(d) Lodevicus Van Doorn.
5. When Nxumalo gains the king's attention, what new job is he given?
(a) Head scribe.
(b) Dream interpreter.
(c) Supervision of the gold mines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Black Circuit commission investigate?
2. What is Dr. Nels Linnart's profession?
3. Who does Nxumalo work with to eliminate Shaka?
4. How do Adriaan and Seena Van Doorn meet Dr. Nels Linnart from Sweden?
5. Who is sent to the south to see if the Dutch families there can be counted on to join the Dutch families in the north if fighting breaks out between the English and the Dutch?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)