|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV, Diamonds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are farmers living in squalor in the city when Detleef visits it in Chapter Twelve?
(a) The Zulus burned their crops.
(b) The English burned their crops.
(c) Their crops were destroyed by insects.
(d) Drought has forced them off their land.
2. Who does Cecil Rhodes believe built the great city of Zimbabwe?
(a) The ancient Atlanteans.
(b) The ancient Phoenicians.
(c) Native Africans.
(d) The ancient Greeks.
3. What does Mfecane mean?
(a) The great warrior.
(b) The crushing.
(c) Blessings of the gods.
4. Which tribal leader causes as much death, devastation, and forced migration as Shaka?
5. Who inspires Hilary Saltwood to become a missionary?
(a) John Calvin.
(b) Simon Keer.
(c) Karel Van Doorn.
(d) Josiah Saltwood.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what foreign country are laborers brought in Chapter Eleven to work in the mines?
2. To what religion does Prince Henry of Portugal wish to convert Africa?
3. How long do black miners have to work before they can apply to have their families join them?
4. What is Frank Saltwood's relationship to Richard Saltwood?
5. How does Richard Saltwood earn the name Cupid in Chapter Nine?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)