|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV, Diamonds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a condition in the English concentration camps?
(a) Poor hygiene facilities.
(b) No women and children are present.
(c) Too little food.
(d) No medicine.
2. What is the response of the Dutch families in the south to the inquiry about their willingness to unite with the Dutch families in the north against the English?
(a) They support the English.
(b) They are already actively fighting the English.
(c) They readily agree to fight the English.
(d) They want to remain neutral in any conflict.
3. What outcast from the Langeni does Nxumalo meet once he leaves his own tribe?
4. To what prosperous trade center does Malacca open access?
(a) The Spice Islands.
5. In what do Kharu and the other women carry water when the tribe moves?
(a) Rhinoceros horns.
(b) Clay bowls and pitchers.
(d) Ostrich eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gumsto feel entitled to take the seventeen-year-old widow Naoka as his wife?
2. What tree do the burghers plant around the Dutch colony to protect their cattle and keep out the rest of Africa?
3. What three European nations battle for control of Malacca in Chapter Three?
4. What is the name of Richard Saltwood's South African estate?
5. Why do Seena Van Doorn and her daughter-in-law come into conflict?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)