|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII, Achievement of a Puritan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Xhosa do in response to Nonqause's prophecy?
(a) They attack the Zulus.
(b) They move further south.
(c) They attack the Boers.
(d) They slaughter their cattle and burn their crops.
2. In 1857, what does the Xhosa prophet, Nonqause, inaccurately predict?
(a) That a disease will wipe out the Dutch Boers.
(b) That the Russians will help the Xhosa defeat the English.
(c) That the Xhosa will defeat the Zulus.
(d) That rain will fall to end the longstanding drought.
3. What does the Black Circuit commission investigate?
(a) The treatment of women.
(b) Charges of financial misconduct.
(c) Charges of cruelty toward and murder of native Africans.
(d) Misconduct of African slaves.
4. What is Frank Saltwood's relationship to Richard Saltwood?
(a) He's Richard's brother.
(b) He's Richard's grandson.
(c) He's Richard's son.
(d) He's Richard's cousin.
5. Which Van Doorns survive the war with England?
(a) Sara Van Doorn and her children, Detlev and Johanna.
(b) Sara Van Doorn and her son, Detlev.
(c) Jakob's children, Detlev and Johanna.
(d) Jakob and his wife Sara.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Detleef Van Doorn play?
2. Who inherits the Van Doorn's South African estate after Paul de Prè's death?
3. Which of the following is not a law Detleef helps pass once he's in parliament?
4. What is the name of Captain Nicholas Saltwood's ship in Chapter Three?
5. What does Rebecca's father do for a living in Chaper Five?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)