|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI, The Missionary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gao prove his bravery during the hunt?
(a) He approaches a herd of antelope without assistance.
(b) He approaches the biggest antelope and spears it.
(c) He risks his safety to help his father fight the lions.
(d) He attacks the eland with his bare hands.
2. What is Kharu's role in the tribe?
(a) She makes the poison for the arrows.
(b) She's the tribal shaman.
(c) She is the tribe's goat herder.
(d) She is the tribal healer.
3. What work does Paul de Prè's wife do for his Amsterdam employers?
(a) She is their governess.
(b) She is their housekeeper.
(c) She is their cook.
(d) She is their seamstress.
4. To what prosperous trade center does Malacca open access?
(c) The Spice Islands.
5. What is the Old Seeker's spear made out of in Chapter Two?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what religion does Prince Henry of Portugal wish to convert Africa?
2. What does Gumsto suggest to help ensure the success of the San tribe's hunt when they are starving, in Chapter One?
3. What does Karel Van Doorn want Paul de Prè to return to France and secretly bring back to him?
4. Which Van Doorn first becomes a Trekboer?
5. What nation establishes the East India Company or John Company in 1600?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)