|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II, Zimbabwe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Seeker show Nxumalo and Chief Ngalo after he sees the "heavy earth"?
(a) Silk from China.
(b) A golden amulet from Persia.
(c) A diamond.
(d) A camel.
2. Which of the following wildlife is not seen at the lake at the beginning of Chapter One?
(a) Two female lions.
(b) A grizzly bear.
(c) A herd of zebra and a rhinoceros.
(d) A herd of eland.
3. What has the king of Zimbabwe decreed that every man or woman passing the Field of Granite en route to Zimbabwe must take with them to the city?
(a) Fresh zebra meat.
(c) At least three granite bricks.
(d) Clay pots filled with water.
4. What work does the Old Seeker tell Nxumalo he must do upon reaching Zimbabwe?
(a) Become a scribe.
(b) Become a carpenter.
(d) Build the wall around the city.
5. At what age do the men in Gumsto's tribe marry?
(a) Nineteen or twenty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Old Seeker want Nxumalo to marry?
2. Why does Naoka initially reject Gao as a prospective husband?
3. Why does Prince Henry of Portugal want his ships to sail around Africa's cape?
4. What does Nxumalo tell the Old Seeker his people traded for the "heavy earth"?
5. Which of the following physical characteristics is not typical of the clan to which Gumsto belongs?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)