|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II, Zimbabwe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Prince Henry of Portugal want his ships to sail around Africa's cape?
(a) To beat the French to China.
(b) To attack the Zulus.
(c) To chart new territory.
(d) To reach the riches of the orient.
2. What does Gumsto suggest to help ensure the success of the San tribe's hunt when they are starving, in Chapter One?
(a) Enlisting the help of lions.
(b) Using sacred arrows.
(c) Burning the grass around the eland to trap it.
(d) A special ritual to seek the gods' blessing.
3. Who does Old Seeker want Nxumalo to marry?
(b) His granddaughter.
(c) A rich Arab widow.
(d) The king's daughter.
4. What is Gao more skilled at than he is at hunting?
(b) Catching fish.
(c) Weaving cloth.
5. Which of the following wildlife is not seen at the lake at the beginning of Chapter One?
(a) Two female lions.
(b) A herd of zebra and a rhinoceros.
(c) A grizzly bear.
(d) A herd of eland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prince Henry of Portugal want to find the city of Ophir?
2. Why does Nxumalo decide not to return to his home village after seeing Zimbabwe?
3. How many members are in Gumsto's clan?
4. At the beginning of Chapter One, what has caused the water of the lake to become brackish?
5. What kind of shelters do Gumsto's clan members make for their dwellings?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)