|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII, Achievement of a Puritan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Piet Krause take the school children and their families to Waterval-Boven?
(a) For a picnic.
(b) To see the waterfall near the town.
(c) To visit the museum there.
(d) To see a trainload of Chinese workers being repatriated.
2. What is Dr. Nels Linnart's profession?
(a) He's a teacher.
(b) He's a predikant.
(c) He's a doctor.
(d) He's a scientist.
3. Who invites Detleef to a secret meeting in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Piet Krause.
(b) Reverend Brongersma.
(c) Johanna Krause.
(d) Maria Steyn.
4. Which of the following is not something that the 48-page booklet Detleef creates and requires every citizen to carry contains?
(a) A driver's license.
(b) Medical information.
(c) A passport.
(d) Racial identity.
5. Which Van Doorn first becomes a Trekboer?
(a) Willem Van Doorn.
(b) Hendrik Van Doorn.
(c) Lodevicus Van Doorn.
(d) Adriaan Van Doorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Black Circuit commission investigate?
2. Why are the mine owners forcing white Afrikaners out of the mines in Chapter Twelve?
3. Why does Gumsto feel entitled to take the seventeen-year-old widow Naoka as his wife?
4. With which side do many blacks fight during the Boer wars?
5. At the beginning of Chapter One, what has caused the water of the lake to become brackish?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)