|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII, Achievement of a Puritan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Captain Nicholas Saltwood build his English estate?
(a) In the center of London.
(b) On the river Avon.
(c) In Staffordshire.
(d) On the Thames river just outside London.
2. Why does Piet Krause take the school children and their families to Waterval-Boven?
(a) To visit the museum there.
(b) For a picnic.
(c) To see a trainload of Chinese workers being repatriated.
(d) To see the waterfall near the town.
3. With which side do many blacks fight during the Boer wars?
(a) The French.
(b) The English.
(c) The Dutch.
(d) The Portuguese.
4. Which Saltwood goes to India with the army in Chapter Six?
5. What situation in 1453 makes it imperative for Prince Henry to reach his goals in Africa?
(a) His kingdom is bankrupt.
(b) Africans have declared war on Portugal.
(c) Muslims control Constantinople and routes to the Orient.
(d) The Dutch want to invade Portugal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Detleef to a secret meeting in Chapter Twelve?
2. What is Willem Van Doorn's dying wish?
3. What happens when Mzilikazi stands up to Shaka?
4. Who attacks the Voortrekker wagons and kills the Lukas De Groot camp?
5. Which of the following wildlife is not seen at the lake at the beginning of Chapter One?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)