|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII, Achievement of a Puritan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of the Venloo Commandos?
(a) Christoffel Steyn.
(b) Micah Nxumalo.
(c) Jakob Van Doorn.
(d) Paulus DeGroot.
2. How does Richard Saltwood help the Xhosa in Chapter Nine?
(a) He sends the English army to help them fight the Zulus.
(b) He gives them money to buy land from the Boers.
(c) He petitions the government to allow them to vote.
(d) He feeds and shelters them when they're starving.
3. What interactions do the Voortrekkers have with the Zulu warrior Dingane?
(a) Dingane agrees to herd cattle and sheep for them.
(b) Dingane guides them through dangerous Bantu land.
(c) Dingane promises them land rights, but plans to kill them.
(d) Dingane signs a peace treaty with them.
4. How many members are in Gumsto's clan?
(a) One thousand.
(b) One hundred.
5. What does Nxumalo's father Ndela do to arouse the suspicion of the tribe's diviner?
(a) He flirts with the diviner's daughter.
(b) He whistles.
(c) He hums to himself.
(d) He draws in the dirt with a sharply pointed stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what religion does Prince Henry of Portugal wish to convert Africa?
2. What tree do the burghers plant around the Dutch colony to protect their cattle and keep out the rest of Africa?
3. Which of the following is not a condition in the English concentration camps?
4. Who does Lodevicus Van Doorn marry after his first wife is killed?
5. Who says that in order to beat the English, the Dutch must first be educated the way they are to have the tools with which to overcome them?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)