|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII, Achievement of a Puritan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Mzilikazi stands up to Shaka?
(a) Shaka shoots him with a bow and arrow.
(b) He is wounded by Nxumalo's spear.
(c) He surrenders.
(d) His tribe is absorbed by Shaka's, but Mzilikazi escapes.
2. What does Voortrekker mean?
(a) Forward trekker.
(b) A corn and potatoes farmer.
(c) A hunter of lions.
(d) A member of the Voortrek family.
3. Who inherits the Van Doorn's South African estate after Paul de Prè's death?
(a) Paul's son Louis.
(b) Hendrik Van Doorn.
(c) Paul's son Henri.
(d) Sarel Van Doorn.
4. Which Saltwood goes to India with the army in Chapter Six?
5. How many members are in Gumsto's clan?
(b) One thousand.
(d) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Adriaan and Seena Van Doorn meet Dr. Nels Linnart from Sweden?
2. In 1857, what does the Xhosa prophet, Nonqause, inaccurately predict?
3. How do the Hottentots and Bushmen respond to the new law passed at the beginning of Chapter Eight?
4. What nationality is the man who establishes the fort at Malacca in 1511?
5. What does Nxumalo's father Ndela do to arouse the suspicion of the tribe's diviner?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)