|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI, Education of a Puritan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Johanna Van Doorn marry?
(a) Jonathan Amberson, the English teacher.
(b) Adriaan DeGroot.
(c) Piet Krause, the Afrikaaner teacher.
(d) Josef Steyn.
2. What country does Detleef Van Door tour as an athlete, representing his country on the Springbok team?
(d) New Zealand.
3. What work does Paul de Prè's wife do for his Amsterdam employers?
(a) She is their governess.
(b) She is their housekeeper.
(c) She is their cook.
(d) She is their seamstress.
4. Why does Paul de Prè relocate his family to Amsterdam?
(a) To marry a Dutch widow.
(b) To escape imprisonment for a crime he's committed.
(c) To start a business.
(d) To escape the religious persecution of the Catholic Church.
5. What does Nxumalo's father Ndela do to arouse the suspicion of the tribe's diviner?
(a) He flirts with the diviner's daughter.
(b) He whistles.
(c) He draws in the dirt with a sharply pointed stick.
(d) He hums to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nxumalo leave his tribe, the Sixolobo?
2. What Englishman documents Shaka's later years?
3. What does General JBM Hertzog's speech in Chapter Eleven involve?
4. What does Mfecane mean?
5. How does Shaka become leader of the Zulus?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)