|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far along is Maria's pregnancy in "Part 5 Christendom, pages 275-306"?
(a) Four months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Five months.
(d) One month.
2. Where does Henry go after Nathan's funeral?
(a) The park.
(b) A pond.
(c) Wendy's house.
(d) Nathan's apartment building.
3. Who causes Henry to remember what caused the rift between Nathan and himself?
(a) Nathan's third wife.
(b) Nathan's first wife.
(d) Nathan's editor.
4. Who has Maria never dated?
(a) A younger man.
(b) A Jew.
(c) An older man.
(d) A Christian.
5. What do the people in Maria's dream shout to her?
(a) "Oy Vey!"
(b) "Judea! Judea!"
(c) "Help! Help!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Maria believes that ____________ is a sanctuary and escape from her present unhappy marriage.
2. What does Henry believe Nathan's book makes their family appear to be?
3. What does Maria say that green and tweed are obvious symbols for?
4. Who is embarrassed by Nathan's behavior in a restaurant?
5. What does Henry attend in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Nathan changes seats on the airplane?
2. What happens at the restaurant that embarrasses Maria?
3. What does Sarah inform Nathan about her mother?
4. What do Nathan's fans want to know about Nathan's books?
5. What are Maria's thoughts on being married so young?
6. What do Henry and Maria do with Nathan's manuscript?
7. What does Henry learn to stop doing in his life?
8. What happens during Carol and Nathan's conversation involving Henry?
9. Discuss Maria's birthday.
10. What does Nathan notice about the passenger sitting next to him on the airplane?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)