|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nathan find interesting about Lippman?
(a) His education.
(b) His showmanship.
(c) His eagerness.
(d) His background.
2. Whom does Henry bribe with friendly words and cash?
(a) His daughter.
(b) Nathan's landlord.
(c) Wendy's landlord.
(d) His landlord.
3. What does Nathan want to do with Maria?
(a) Have a child with her.
(b) Go to church with her.
(c) Divorce her.
(d) Live with her.
4. What does Nathan notice about the passenger sitting next to him?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is having diffulty breathing.
(d) He is unconscious.
5. Who wrote Nathan's eulogy?
(b) Nathan's editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry believe Nathan's book makes their family appear to be?
2. What type of corner does Nathan find in church?
3. What is Nathan's response when a stranger begins a conversation with him?
4. Nathan flew out of the airport in __________.
5. What does Sarah call Nathan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Henry's thoughts during Nathan's funeral?
2. What does Henry remember about Nathan's novel?
3. What does Sarah inform Nathan about her mother?
4. What does Henry learn to stop doing in his life?
5. Discuss Maria's mother.
6. What does Nathan do while in London?
7. What does Henry find in Nathan's apartment?
8. Compare Nathan's reaction to taking heart medication with that of Henry's reaction.
9. What happens when Nathan changes seats on the airplane?
10. What happens to Nathan and Jimmy on the airplane?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)