|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry attend in New York?
(a) A rally.
(b) Nathan's funeral.
(c) A soccer game.
(d) A baseball game.
2. What is Nathan's response when a stranger begins a conversation with him?
(a) He joins in the conversation.
(b) He yells at the stranger.
(c) He laughs at the stranger.
(d) He tries to halt the conversation.
3. What does Henry want to do for Nathan?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Help him.
(c) Provide for him.
(d) Bury him.
4. What copies of Nathan's manuscript does Henry search for?
(a) Draft#1 and Draft#3
(b) Draft #3 and Draft#4.
(c) Draft #1 and Draft #2.
(d) Draft#2 and Draft#5.
5. What does Henry feel he was never able to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah call Nathan?
2. Who examines Nathan's notes and papers?
3. Who are Sarah and Georgina?
4. What is the Jewish man Nathan sits next to in "Part 3 A Loft, pages 141-163" doing?
5. What does Jimmy Ben-Joseph plan to do on the airplane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Nathan changes seats on the airplane?
2. What are Henry's thoughts during Nathan's funeral?
3. What does Sarah inform Nathan about her mother?
4. What does Jimmy tell Nathan he is joking about? What does Jimmy tell Nathan about his plans?
5. Discuss the conversation Nathan has with a stranger.
6. What does Henry learn to stop doing in his life?
7. What happens at the restaurant that embarrasses Maria?
8. Discuss the encounter Henry has with Nathan's third wife.
9. What do Henry and Maria do with Nathan's manuscript?
10. Discuss Maria's dream and the meaning of it.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)