|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do readers want to know about Nathan's books?
(a) If they're worth reading.
(b) If they're fact or fiction.
(c) If they're expensive.
(d) If they're worth money.
2. Who are Sarah and Georgina?
(a) Maria's step-sisters.
(b) Maria's aunts.
(c) Maria's sisters.
(d) Maria's cousins.
3. What is Nathan glad no one at church asks him about?
(a) His hosue rennovations.
(b) His trip to Israel.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His affair.
4. What word best describes Georgina?
5. What is Nathan cast as in one of his books?
(a) Defender of his father.
(b) Assassin of his father.
(c) A lover.
(d) A terrorist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nathan's response when a stranger begins a conversation with him?
2. What does the church congregation in Part 5 share with each other?
3. Who recognizes Henry as Nathan's brother?
4. What does Henry do when he throws away Nathan's papers?
5. Who says Maria's Jewish friend smells?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry find in Nathan's apartment?
2. What happens when Nathan finds a quiet corner in church?
3. Discuss the letter Nathan writes to Henry on the airplane.
4. What happens when Nathan changes seats on the airplane?
5. Discuss Maria's birthday.
6. Discuss the relationship between Nathan and Maria.
7. Where does Henry go after Nathan's funeral?
8. What does Nathan do while in London?
9. What does Nathan notice about the passenger sitting next to him on the airplane?
10. What happens at the restaurant that embarrasses Maria?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)