|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chip hope he and Gitanas we meet later on?
2. What does Enid win money on in the casino?
3. What kind of job does does Denise get when she returns from traveling through France and Italy?
4. Who does Denise begin seeing after she divorces Emile?
5. What is the name of the boy Nick and Colleen adopted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Denise tell Chip in her emails?
2. How did Billy's trial change Robin?
3. How does Docor Hibbard persuade Enid to take the Aslan medication?
4. Why does Denise think her parents will never come to Philadephia?
5. How does Denise become attracted to Robin?
6. What does Denise do after finishing school?
7. How does the ship's doctor help Enid in this section?
8. What do Enid and the others talk about at the breakfast table?
9. How does Dr. Hibbard help Enid?
10. How does Denise get fired from her job at the generator?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What problems has Alfred had since retiring? How have his problems affected his mental health and the health of those around him?
Essay Topic 2
How does Chip splitting from his girlfriend at the beginning of the book affect him? What does the way he reacted to the break up say about his feelings for her?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the relationships between the characters?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)