|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Denise force Emile Berger to marry her?
2. Who did Denise find a message from when she returned to Philadelphia from New York?
3. How does Ted deal with his daughter's death?
4. What is the name of the man who killed Sylvia's daughter?
5. What does Denise tell Enid she doesn't want her to do when she moves to Philadelphia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the ship's doctor help Enid in this section?
2. How did Albert disappoint Enid during dinner?
3. Describe Chip's website.
4. How does Denise start a relationship with Don Armor?
5. How does Denise get fired from her job at the generator?
6. How does Docor Hibbard persuade Enid to take the Aslan medication?
7. How did Robin become friends with the Flamberg family?
8. What does Denise find out about Alfred in this section?
9. What does Enid like about the doctor?
10. How does Denise prepare for the restaurant in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the students think Alfred's death will affect the family? In what way could it be said that his death will come as a relief?
Essay Topic 2
How does Chip splitting from his girlfriend at the beginning of the book affect him? What does the way he reacted to the break up say about his feelings for her?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)