|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alfred call his illness?
2. In which city does Denise meet Brian?
3. In which month does the restaurant open?
4. What happens at the very end of this section?
5. How do Denise and Chip communicate with each other at the beginning of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chip's website.
2. How does Docor Hibbard persuade Enid to take the Aslan medication?
3. How does Denise get fired from her job at the generator?
4. What problems does Albert have in this section?
5. What problems does Chip have by the end of this section?
6. How does the ship's doctor help Enid in this section?
7. Why does Denise agree with Robin that they should stop seeing each other?
8. What does this section express about Gary's relationship with his father?
9. What does Denise find out about Alfred in this section?
10. How did Robin become friends with the Flamberg family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the students think Alfred's death will affect the family? In what way could it be said that his death will come as a relief?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of role model have Alfred and Enid provided for their children? In what way have their children's decisions been based on what they learned from their parents?
Essay Topic 3
How does Chip splitting from his girlfriend at the beginning of the book affect him? What does the way he reacted to the break up say about his feelings for her?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)