|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does Denise own?
2. What is the name of the company that has offered Alfred money for his patent?
3. What kind of job does Denise suggest that Julie and find for Chip?
4. Why is Alfred angry at Enid when he arrives back from his business trip?
5. What effect does the drug Melissa gives Chip have on him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Chip thinking about as he waits for his parents at the airport?
2. Describe Gitanas Misevious.
3. How does Alfred worry Enid just before the cruise?
4. What were the differences between Gary and Chip as boys?
5. Why does Alfred think the blacks will destroy America?
6. Describe the argument Gary says could end their marriage?
7. Why did Enid feel jealous of her neighbors while awaiting her third child?
8. How does Gitanas worry Chip in this section?
9. Why does Enid decide it is best not to have a porthole?
10. Why is a mixed grill important to Gary and his family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What problems has Alfred had since retiring? How have his problems affected his mental health and the health of those around him?
Essay Topic 2
How do the students think Alfred's death will affect the family? In what way could it be said that his death will come as a relief?
Essay Topic 3
What is Enid's relationship with Alfred? What affect does their relationship have on their children?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)