|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caleb want his father to purchase for him?
2. Which of Denise's ex-boyfriends was twenty years younger than Alfred?
3. What kind of smile does the author say Caroline gives Gary when she backs up Caleb?
4. Where does Gitanas say he has set up a surveillance camera?
5. What kind of business does Denise own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What Caroline does that Gary say he wants back?
2. Why is Gary so angry when he finishes talking on the phone to his father?
3. Why did Enid feel jealous of her neighbors while awaiting her third child?
4. What does Alfred now use the ping pong table for?
5. How does Gitanas worry Chip in this section?
6. What kind of relationship does Chip think one should have with their parents?
7. What does Chip think a depressed person should act like?
8. Why does Caroline have a problem with Enid?
9. What does Gary suggest Alfred should do with the letter from Axon?
10. How did Denise determine that she didn't become a squishy liberal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Chip splitting from his girlfriend at the beginning of the book affect him? What does the way he reacted to the break up say about his feelings for her?
Essay Topic 2
In what way are many of the relationships depicted in the novel considered unhealthy? What constitutes a healthy relationship?
Essay Topic 3
What are the roles of Brian and Robin in the novel? How do they affect Denise and the decisions she makes? How would the story would change if they were not part of it?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)