|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gary say may end his marriage to Caroline?
(a) Her dislike of his mother.
(b) Her hatred of life.
(c) Her refusal to come to St. Jude's.
(d) Her sarcasm.
2. Who is Enid pregnant with in this section?
3. What does Denise say Gary's family has a diseased relationship with?
4. What newspaper does Chip throw in the trash can?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Washington Post.
(c) The New York Post.
(d) The Village Voice.
5. What country did Caroline's father die in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Denise's ex-boyfriends was twenty years younger than Alfred?
2. Who does Gary say is clinically depressed?
3. What does Chip say Denise will find in his fridge?
4. What is the name of the ship that Alfred and Enid are holidaying on in this section?
5. What does Alfred have on the west side of his ping pong table?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the differences between Gary and Chip as boys?
2. What kind of relationship does Chip think one should have with their parents?
3. Why does Julie dislike Chip's script?
4. Why is Enid so impressed with Gene?
5. Why did Enid feel jealous of her neighbors while awaiting her third child?
6. Why does Chip say he is depressed?
7. Why does Alfred think the blacks will destroy America?
8. Why is a mixed grill important to Gary and his family?
9. How did Denise determine that she didn't become a squishy liberal?
10. How does Gitanas worry Chip in this section?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)