|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Denise's friend's father with whom she has an affair?
(a) Peter Jackson.
(b) Ed Sterling.
(c) Dicky Vais.
(d) David Formby.
2. What does Ted call Aslan?
(a) A poor man's crack.
(b) A god send.
(c) Heaven in a pill.
(d) Grandmother's little helper.
3. Which of the following country's foods does Denise not have on the menu?
4. What was the name of the married man who asked Denise out for dinner?
(a) Peter Pall.
(b) Jamie Toucan.
(c) Louis Formby.
(d) Don Armour.
5. What does Don say Ed is learning at Little Rock?
(a) Computer drafting.
(b) Gourmet cooking.
6. What has Sylvia used to get over her daughter's death?
7. Why can't Alfred fix the lights?
(a) He has the flu.
(b) He isn't allowed to drive.
(c) He has lost his glasses.
(d) He doesn't know how.
8. What does Denise tell Enid she doesn't want her to do when she moves to Philadelphia?
(a) Talking on the phone all the time.
(b) Staying in the house all day.
(c) Using all the hot water.
(d) Interfering in her life.
9. What does Gitanas tell Chip to do at the end of this section?
(a) Sell the business.
(b) Find a wife.
(c) Go back to the States.
(d) Move to Paris.
10. What is Julia's job at Hamptons?
(a) A cook.
(b) A dishwasher.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A cleaner.
11. What is the best way to describe Denise's relationship with Brian?
(b) School friends.
(c) Like father and daugher.
(d) Like brother and sister.
12. How does the author describe the handshake Don gives Denise?
(a) Like a dead fish.
(b) Like an excited boy.
(c) Like a sufferer of Parkinson's.
(d) Like a scared rabbit.
13. In which month does the restaurant open?
14. How does Enid want to get to Philadelphia?
(a) By train.
(b) By motorbike.
(c) By plane.
(d) By car.
15. What does a woman notice outside the airport?
(a) A tank.
(b) A police car.
(c) A fighter plane.
(d) A mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chip call at the airport?
2. What is the name of Enid's doctor?
3. What does Alfred do while Enid attends the lecture?
4. Who does Denise start having an affair with towards the end of this section?
5. What does Alfred try to put on in the bathroom?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)