|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company does Gary decide to invest in at the end of this section?
2. What newspaper does Chip's mother think he is writing for?
(a) The Wall Street Journal.
(b) The Village Voice.
(c) The New York Post.
(d) The New York Times.
3. What is the name of the ship that Alfred and Enid are holidaying on in this section?
(a) Juniper Tom.
(b) Lunar Fardell.
(c) River Vale.
(d) Gunnar Myrdal.
4. Why does Gary not want to buy Caleb a surveillance camera?
(a) He doesn't have enough money.
(b) He won't do his homework.
(c) He doesn't like being spied on.
(d) It is not a worthwhile hobby.
5. What does Chip say Denise will find in his fridge?
(a) Carrot cake.
(b) Poached salmon.
(d) Fresh trout.
6. What is the only economic activity Chip is good for?
(b) Selling things.
(c) Buying things.
7. What is the name of the company that has offered Alfred money for his patent?
8. Which of the following countries did Denise travel around?
9. What was Alfred carrying when he fell down the basement stairs?
10. Which of the following words does the author use to describe Caroline's father?
11. What does Alfred have on the west side of his ping pong table?
(c) A computer.
(d) A TV.
12. Who does Gay attend the Axon presentation with?
13. What does Denise say Gary's family has a diseased relationship with?
14. What does Caleb want his father to purchase for him?
(a) A computer.
(b) A surveillance camera.
(c) A film camera.
(d) A car.
15. Why did the other students dislike Melissa?
(a) She was always swearing.
(b) She was argumentive.
(c) She was always flirting with the teachers.
(d) She never stopped talking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Caroline's father die in?
2. Who does Denise think has talked to Enid about her?
3. What famous cafe did Denise work at when she arrived back in Philadelphia?
4. Who does Caroline say Gary is nothing like?
5. What does Gary make for himself to drink in this section?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)