|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which lieutenant arrives in Banning's office after seeing the photographs taken by McCoy?
2. Who is the hotel doorman that is playing poker along with McCoy at the Cathay Mansions?
3. Who does McCoy meet on the train that is about to become a Marine?
4. What year model is the car that McCoy wants to buy at the used car lot?
5. Who refuses to go with Sessions to check out the German artillery in fear of being caught?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does McCoy get the best price for the used car he wants to buy?
2. What is suspected of Reverend Feller by Sessions and Banning when he travels to Peking?
3. What happens when Ellen visits McCoy in his room?
4. Why does McCoy know how to beat the car dealer at his own game?
5. How does McCoy obtain information for Banning, and why does Macklin find it questionable?
6. Why is McCoy trying to figure out if he needs a weapon to take with him to the Cathay Mansion?
7. After the charges against McCoy are dropped, how does his relationship with Banning change?
8. Why does McCoy take Sessions with him to Huimin?
9. When Macklin, Sessions, and Feller are imprisoned, why does McCoy feel that he is in trouble?
10. Why does McCoy hesitate at first but eventually leaves for Norristown?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several of the characters in Corps: Book 1 Semper Fi are lonely. Which characters are lonely and why? Examine the concept of loneliness in the book and its effect on characters. What attempts are made to overcome it?
Essay Topic 2
Compare The Corps: Book 1 Semper Fi with another of Griffin's books in his combat series. Which is, in your opinion, better? Explain. What future scenarios might you want to see in upcoming books? Which characters would you like to see portrayed?
Essay Topic 3
Griffin uses some important instances of foreshadowing in The Corps: Book 1 Semper Fi. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)