|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Banning marry before leaving for the Philippines?
2. Who do Stecker and McCoy have in common as a friend?
3. Who does McCoy visit from his family before leaving for Philadelphia?
4. Who does Stecker befriend by the end of Chapter 9?
5. How many weeks is McCoy early in reporting for duty?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives McCoy a kiss after talking to Pick?
2. Whose parents watch the graduation ceremony at the Platoon Leader Course?
3. Where do McCoy and the girl eat?
4. Who is the heir to a shipping and hotel fortune?
5. Who buys Stecker a Brooks Brothers uniform to celebrate his promotion?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Macklin is being sent home by the Marines, how and why do they assign him as a mess officer?
2. Why does McCoy advise Pick to not be too chummy at the Platoon Leader's Course?
3. How does Sage initiate a romantic relationship with McCoy?
4. How is Pick different from other Marines in his upbringing?
5. How does Pick reveal his loyalty to his friend McCoy on Thanksgiving?
6. Why does McCoy feel out of place with Pick when they go out out in New York on their holiday?
7. How does Stecker trace Macklin's involvement with McCoy and clear McCoy's record?
8. Why does Tommy apply to the Marines?
9. How does Pick reveal his independence in his rebellion against the General and his father's interference in his military assignment?
10. Who is Ernestine Sage, and why does McCoy spend time with her at Pick's party?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)