|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When McCoy sees a crate of belongings in Nanking, what does he wonder might be inside it?
(a) Chinese tea.
(b) Chinese artifacts.
2. McCoy is to be part of a guard detail transporting prisoners to __________.
3. What does McCoy want to plead in his court case regarding the incident with the marines outside the Cathay Mansion?
(a) That he was acting out of self-defense.
(b) That he was crazy.
(c) That he was an accomplice.
(d) That he was guilty.
4. Who is the hotel doorman that is playing poker along with McCoy at the Cathay Mansions?
(a) Piotr Petrovich Muller.
(b) Lester Chatworth.
(c) Leslie Banning.
(d) William Pickering.
5. Where does McCoy spend the night in Nanking before returning to the missionary compound?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bar.
(c) A soothsayer's.
(d) A brothel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says the primary goal is to deliver the film for security?
2. Who is furious to hear about the incident with the coolies and afraid of a confrontation?
3. What does Banning want McCoy to photograph for them?
4. When McCoy arrives at the Naval Yards, what is he listed as?
5. Where does McCoy go to visit his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does McCoy avoid going to Yenchi-eng?
2. How does McCoy get the best price for the used car he wants to buy?
3. Why does McCoy fail to take Sessions with him in Weifang?
4. Why is McCoy surprised to meet his captain in Philadelphia?
5. Why is McCoy trying to figure out if he needs a weapon to take with him to the Cathay Mansion?
6. When Macklin, Sessions, and Feller are imprisoned, why does McCoy feel that he is in trouble?
7. How does Banning reveal his trust in McCoy with Sessions?
8. Why does McCoy constantly seek out places where he can learn about the military activities of the Japanese?
9. Why does McCoy know how to beat the car dealer at his own game?
10. How does McCoy obtain information for Banning, and why does Macklin find it questionable?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)