|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who acts as defense counsel for McCoy after the incident with the Italian marines outside the Cathay Mansion?
2. Who is a homosexual but is married?
(a) The Sergeant.
(b) The Reverend.
(c) The Marine Corps Leader.
(d) The Policeman.
3. How many trucks are on the convoy going to Nanking?
4. At what hotel does McCoy wake up with his new friend that is joining the Marine?
(a) St. Thomas.
(c) St. Jan.
(d) Bellevue Stratford.
5. How many Italian marines attack McCoy after the poker game that he successfully fights off, killing two?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who laughed at McCoy when McCoy shared his source for the location of the Japanese troops?
2. Who calls McCoy to the lobby before signing papers given by Japanese messengers?
3. What cannons does Sessions want to find among the Japanese?
4. How many coolies surround Zimmerman and Sessions by the ferry?
5. How does McCoy travel to the hotel to meet Reverend Feller?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ellen visits McCoy in his room?
2. Why is McCoy upset about being sent back to the United States?
3. Why does McCoy avoid going to Yenchi-eng?
4. How is Ellen described in Chapter 4?
5. Describe how Banning meets McCoy initially to be his defense attorney and what Banning suggests to McCoy for his defense.
6. Why does McCoy feel trapped in the Marine Corps due to the coming war?
7. Why does McCoy receive a new role in intelligence with the Marines under Session?
8. Why is McCoy uncomfortable with Ellen on the trip to Peking?
9. Why does McCoy know how to beat the car dealer at his own game?
10. Why do McCoy and Zimmerman separate to eat at different restaurants?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)