|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the used car salesman that McCoy wants to buy a car from?
2. How many coolies surround Zimmerman and Sessions by the ferry?
3. Who at the police headquarters offers to help in McCoy's case by providing witnesses to the incident?
4. How much money does McCoy win at the poker game before he heads to the billet?
5. Who refuses to go with Sessions to check out the German artillery in fear of being caught?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ken McCoy stationed on January 1, 1941?
2. McCoy is to be part of a guard detail transporting prisoners to __________.
3. From whom does McCoy learn about Japanese troop movements?
4. What does Sessions say that he will not include in his military report about the artillery and the convoy trip?
5. Who took pictures at the site where the Japanese kept their artillery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does McCoy avoid going to Yenchi-eng?
2. Why do McCoy and Zimmerman separate to eat at different restaurants?
3. In his new role at the Motor Pool, how does McCoy develop new contacts that assist him in his security job?
4. Why does McCoy feel trapped in the Marine Corps due to the coming war?
5. How does McCoy obtain information for Banning, and why does Macklin find it questionable?
6. After Ellen repudiates McCoy's affection, what does he vow?
7. What happens when Ellen visits McCoy in his room?
8. How does Banning reveal his trust in McCoy with Sessions?
9. What becomes obvious to Banning when Chatwick produces two coolies to testify on McCoy's behalf?
10. Why does McCoy hesitate at first but eventually leaves for Norristown?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)