|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting to see Stecker in his office when he returns from the shooting range?
2. Where is the Assignments Branch of the government located?
(a) Washington D.C.
3. What does McCoy get from sanding the decks?
(a) A demotion.
(d) A raise.
4. What role does Stecker not really want to have as a promotion?
(a) That of corporal.
(b) That of sergeant.
(c) That of officer.
(d) That of lieutenant.
5. What are issued to the men in the Platoon Leader's Course?
(a) Garand rifles.
(b) LaSalle rifles.
(c) MacKenzie pistols.
(d) Schuster handguns.
6. When McCoy and Pick go out to bars in New York City, who pays for their tab?
(d) The bar.
7. Who does McCoy see sitting at the bar at the restaurant he goes with his family to?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
8. What suite do McCoy and Pick occupy that overlooks the park in New York City?
9. What does McCoy use to clean the object that he gets from a gas station?
(d) Pepper spray.
10. Who checks out the Garand with a series of tests and concludes that it is a reliable rifle?
11. In what year is Banning sent to the Philippines?
12. To what building is the restaurant that McCoy wants to meet his date for lunch located next to?
(a) Neiman Marcus'.
(c) Brooks Brother's.
(d) JC Penney's.
13. Where is McCoy going to meet his date for lunch in New York City?
(a) Underground Tavern.
(b) Foster Park.
(c) Grand Central Oyster Bar.
(d) Blues Cafe.
14. Why do McCoy and Pick go to the Marine Barracks?
(a) So Pick can get his advance pay.
(b) So Pick can learn about his new job.
(c) So McCoy can get his advance pay.
(d) So McCoy can learn about his new job.
15. Who takes McCoy into a big room where people are operating a variety of machines?
(a) Colonel F.L. Rickabee
(b) Sergeant Ruttman.
(c) Major J.J. Almond.
(d) Colonel Stewart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bars do McCoy and Pick receive when they graduate?
2. Who learns that the policy of the officer is for the personnel to live off base with compensation?
3. To what kind of office is Stecker being promoted to?
4. Who says that the Chief of Intelligence is quite impressed with McCoy?
5. In what month is Banning sent to the Philippines?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)