|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cooling the Lava.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the U.S. Army Air Corps do to an insulating vent on Mauna Loa volcano in 1935?
(a) Fills it with boulders.
(b) Attaches vibration sensors.
(c) Bombs it.
(d) Floods it with water.
2. How tall does the erupting volcano in Heimaey grow to above sea level?
(a) One thousand two hundred feet.
(b) One hundred feet.
(c) Seven hundred feet.
(d) Three thousand feet.
3. What does Magnus Magnusson tell Thorbjorn Sigurgeirsson to protect first during the eruptions of 1973?
4. Of the Old River Control Project, LeRoy Dugas, also known as Dugie, is what initially?
5. Thorbjorn Sigurgeirsson is a native of which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does hot lava stop glowing red?
2. The author retells the time when Raphael G. Kazmann walks out onto the five hundred and sixty-six foot structure over the Old River but leaves quickly because:
3. The Hawaiian Research Association forms for what purpose?
4. Reykjavik is the capital city of what nation?
5. The writing on Dugie's belt buckle reads:
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)