|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cooling the Lava.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the mid-1800s, the United States Congress passes a Swamp and Overflow Land Act to:
(a) Evict land squatters.
(b) Deed swampland to individual states.
(c) Take away ownership rights.
(d) Create a new water control system.
2. How tall does the erupting volcano in Heimaey grow to above sea level?
(a) One thousand two hundred feet.
(b) Seven hundred feet.
(c) Three thousand feet.
(d) One hundred feet.
3. Henry Shreve changes the Mississippi River by introducing what?
(a) Vegetation native to Mexico.
(b) Mississippi steamboat.
(c) New fish breeds.
(d) Gambling along the river.
4. In Hawaii, how many volcanoes are there within the group that includes Mauna Loa?
5. Vestmannaeyjar holds how much of Iceland's total population?
(a) Forty-two and a half percent.
(b) Twelve percent.
(c) Two and a half percent.
(d) Twenty-two percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Thorbjorn Sigurgeirsson's test run to cool lava by the coastline, what happens?
2. A navigation lock on the bank of the Mississippi River lowers ships down to where?
3. During high spring waters, what danger forms unseen beneath turbulent waters at the outflow to the Atchafalaya?
4. What does James B. Eads invent to explore the Mississippi River?
5. Norris F. Rabalais was born and raised in what Louisiana parish?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)