|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cooling the Lava.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are residents and livestock evacuated from Heimaey during the 1973 eruptions?
(a) By ships and trains.
(b) By boats, trains, and planes.
(c) By ships, planes, and boats.
(d) By trains and planes.
2. In feet, how long is the towboat Mississippi?
3. When the author visits Vestmannaeyjar, what does he notice?
(a) Most residents have moved out.
(b) Steam still rises from the ground.
(c) No polar bears are left.
(d) Few survived the flu epidemic.
4. Sigurdur Jonsson is an Iceland resident who works on what?
(b) Pumping crews.
(c) Fishing boats.
(d) Polar bear protection.
5. What is Thorbjorn Sigurgeirsson's vocation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Reykjavik is the capital city of what nation?
2. In the 1800s, swamps in Louisiana are drained and used as what?
3. On General Sand's floating conference boat, Oliver Houck is the only board member who is active in what?
4. In Hawaii, how many volcanoes are there within the group that includes Mauna Loa?
5. Why do residents of Heimaey hose down oncoming lava?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)