|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Atchafalaya.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Atchafalaya is a what?
2. Every thousand years or so, the Mississippi River goes through a major shift that leaves behind what?
(a) Large, deep saltwater lakes.
(b) Dry mudflats.
(c) Bayous and natural levees.
(d) Stranded bird colonies.
3. The author notes that many regard the Old River Project as what?
(a) A remarkable feat of engineering.
(b) An arrogant enterprise.
(c) A worthwhile endeavor.
(d) A colossal expense.
4. Norris F. Rabalais was born and raised in what Louisiana parish?
(c) West Feliciana.
5. The author tells stories of the following people in conflict with forces of nature:
(c) Government officials.
(d) All of the them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early 1800s, private plantation owners in Louisiana levee riverbanks to:
2. Over a number of centuries, how does the Mississippi River form the state of Louisiana?
3. Congress mandates that the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers survey the Mississippi and tributaries in order to assure and improve what?
4. What river does the author mention that connects the Atchafalaya and the Mississippi to form an H?
5. In the early days of New Orleans, residents build their homes on what?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)