|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cooling the Lava.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In feet, how long is the towboat Mississippi?
2. In 1973, the eruptions in Heimaey begin on January 23 and continue vigorously before diminishing in strength through when?
(a) March 1st.
(b) February 25th.
(c) February 5th.
(d) January 30th.
3. Reykjavik is the capital city of what nation?
4. What ultimately happens to the moving piece of mountain on Vestmannaeyjar?
(a) Completely destroys the town and stops.
(b) Falls into the ocean.
(c) Breaks up into smaller, non-moving pieces.
(d) Hits another mountain and stops.
5. The Old River Control began its operations in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sigurdur Steinthorsson monitor volcanic gases during the 1973 eruption?
2. What is Thorbjorn Sigurgeirsson's vocation?
3. When does hot lava stop glowing red?
4. When the author visits Vestmannaeyjar, what does he notice?
5. During Thorbjorn Sigurgeirsson's test run to cool lava by the coastline, what happens?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)