|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Steele say has become synonymous with color?
2. What does affirmative action on college campuses strive to do to the attitudes of the white students, as per Steele?
(a) Understand them.
(b) It does not serve a purpose to the attitudes of white students.
(c) Change them
(d) Justify them.
3. What type of shock did Steele say individuals are said to be a part of when in mixed-race situations?
4. Whose independence is said by Steele to be oppressed by the black identity?
(a) All mankind.
(b) Individualistic whites.
(c) Individualistic blacks.
(d) Those who live under the 'white identity'.
5. What did an old professor of Steele's say?
(a) 'Ideas themselves come a dime a dozen.'
(b) 'Charity begins at home.'
(c) 'Education is key.'
(d) 'Practice what you preach.'
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Steele mention happened to black racial identity throughout the 60's?
2. Steele said, blacks falsely associate certain experiences with negative emotions, which is the creation of what?
3. In Steele's mind, what undermines the struggles for freedom?
4. How did Steele say blacks tolerate those who had different views from them of what it meant to be black?
5. After speaking to some of students, what does Steele learn is the true, underlying reason for campus racism?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)