|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Steele say that many say is the purpose of affirmative action?
(a) Increase discrimination.
(b) Fight against subtle discrimination.
(c) Prove there never was the issue of discrimination.
(d) Keep discrimination at its current state.
2. As per Steele, as a result of the social policy change due to the black power movement, what was the status of race relations?
(a) It got worse.
(b) It got somewhat better.
(c) It remained stable and unchanged.
(d) It got a lot better.
3. What did Steele say about opportunities in the 'Promised Land'?
(a) There are no opportunities.
(b) They are plentiful for all.
(c) They are only plentiful for blacks.
(d) They are only plentiful for whites.
4. According to Steele's outlook, what controls how blacks react to their problems?
(a) Sexual vulnerability.
(b) Mental vulnerability.
(c) Social vulnerability.
(d) Racial vulnerability.
5. Steele said blacks are many times threatened by the repentance of whom?
(a) Their oppressors.
(c) Their alter-egos.
(d) Other blacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Steele say has declined for blacks with respect to whites?
2. What did an old professor of Steele's say?
3. Complete Steele's statement. 'Race indeed remains a source of white ____.'
4. In what manner did Steele say the status change of poor blacks affected middle class blacks?
5. Who helped Steele in the overall writing of the book?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)