|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what did Steele say affirmative action has transformed equality?
(a) A form of political engineering.
(b) A form of religious engineering.
(c) A form of psychological engineering.
(d) A form of social engineering.
2. What inflates the individual seeking power over another, according to Steele?
3. Of the following, what is a factor of white guilt, per Steele's way of thinking?
(a) Understanding of ill-gotten advantage.
(b) The fact that statistically, many blacks are uneducated.
(c) Just being a member of the white race.
(d) The fact that statistically, many blacks are poor.
4. In what type of setting did Steele experience discrimination and therefore the feeling of inferiority?
(a) Segregated school.
(b) Segregated grocery store.
(c) Segregated church.
(d) Segregated social club.
5. What did Steele say is the purpose of affirmative action?
(a) Decrease discrimination.
(b) Prove there never was the issue of discrimination.
(c) Increase discrimination.
(d) Keep discrimination at its current state.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steele say is a bad source of recomposition for blacks?
2. What did Steele say other blacks think of a black person who moves toward the middle class?
3. What nickname did Chapter 4 say some blacks are given when they strive for achievement?
4. According to Steele, what race is considered the most 'despised' race?
5. What does Steele say would be the secret to writing this book, if there was such a a thing?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)