|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steele say would be the secret to writing this book, if there was such a a thing?
(a) He is only writing from a subjective point-of-view.
(b) Commence with the premise that all races are composed of humans.
(c) He is only writing from an objective point-of-view.
(d) Politics plays a key role in the separation of race, of which he writes.
2. According to Steele, what two ways do blacks generally handle the feeling of powerlessness?
(a) Fully agree or challenge.
(b) Ignore or fully agree.
(c) Bargain or challenge.
(d) Ignore or argue.
3. Steele mentioned that which of the following 'spreads like spilled paint'?
4. Who helped Steele in the overall writing of the book?
(a) His best friend, John.
(b) His wife.
(c) His student.
(d) His former college professor.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many of his friends was Steele sipping chardonnay with?
Short Answer Questions
1. It's Steele's belief that what creates a false reality for blacks?
2. According to Steele's outlook, what controls how blacks react to their problems?
3. Methods of creating a black identity is also known as what, said Steele?
4. According to Steele, what do blacks many times 'overrate their sense of'?
5. What prompted Steele to begin writing his first book?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)