|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Affirmative Action, The Price of Preference.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 6, what is an important quality of middle class citizens?
(a) Spending as much as you can.
(c) Striving to make as much money as possible.
(d) Donating to non-profit organizations.
2. In line with Steele's views, of the following, what played a vital role in the freedoms that came out of the Civil Rights movement?
3. Steele said social policies shout not be aimed at what?
(a) Racial preferences.
(b) Gender preferences.
(c) Age preferences.
(d) Religious preferences.
4. In what ways did Steele say blacks are excommunicated by their race when they create their own individual identity?
(a) Socially ONLY.
(c) Socially and culturally.
(d) Culturally ONLY.
5. What is Steele often accused of being?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does affirmative action on college campuses strive to do to the attitudes of the white students, as per Steele?
2. What does Steele say is one of the downfalls of the 'black identity'?
3. What did Steele say that many say is the purpose of affirmative action?
4. Dealing with doubt does what for blacks, in Steele's estimation?
5. Steele said blacks are many times threatened by the repentance of whom?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)