|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Affirmative Action, The Price of Preference.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Steele say other blacks think of a black person who moves toward the middle class?
(a) They will eventually fall back into poverty.
(b) They are moving away from being black.
(c) They are expected to give back to the black community.
(d) They make proud the black race.
2. Complete Steele's statement. 'Race indeed remains a source of white ____.'
3. Steele believes some people have chosen what over race?
(d) Moral principles.
4. Which of the following is the 'greatest barrier to black progress', according to Steele?
5. What profession did Chapter 2 say Steele worked in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Steele believed that middle class blacks had to maintain how many sides of themselves?
2. How did Steele say Bill Cosby deals with the feeling of powerlessness?
3. What did Steele learn about himself when writing The Content of Our Character?
4. According to Chapter 2, many blacks are afraid to do what?
5. What did Steele mention that black power produces?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)