|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Affirmative Action, The Price of Preference.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steele say must be shared between blacks and whites?
(b) Economic means.
2. Of the following, what did Chapter 4 say freedom brought for blacks?
3. What is Steele's son's name?
(a) Shelby III.
4. As per Steele's thoughts, what type of work ethic is generally indicative of someone in the middle class?
(a) Hard working only when there is an immediate benefit.
(b) Doing just enough to get by.
(c) Delegating all the work to someone else.
(d) Hard working.
5. Following Steele's philosophy, how many factors make up white guilt?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of Jesse Jackson, Steele said he addresses the feeling of powerlessness in the following way(s):
2. Steele said that blacks do not know how to do what?
3. What did Steele learn about himself when writing The Content of Our Character?
4. What did Steele mention happened to black racial identity throughout the 60's?
5. What did Steele say is the driving force when one gives utmost attention to race?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)