|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Affirmative Action, The Price of Preference.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As per Steele, as a result of the social policy change due to the black power movement, what was the status of race relations?
(a) It got somewhat better.
(b) It got worse.
(c) It remained stable and unchanged.
(d) It got a lot better.
2. Who helped Steele in the overall writing of the book?
(a) His wife.
(b) His student.
(c) His best friend, John.
(d) His former college professor.
3. What did Steele say other blacks think of a black person who moves toward the middle class?
(a) They are moving away from being black.
(b) They are expected to give back to the black community.
(c) They will eventually fall back into poverty.
(d) They make proud the black race.
4. Steele's daughter's name is which of the following?
5. As indicated by Steele, how is affirmative action a positive relationship between blacks and whites?
(a) It allows whites to do away with guilt and blacks to feel powerful.
(b) It allows blacks to do away with the guilt of the black power movement and whites to do away with the guilt of racism.
(c) It allows both blacks and whites to feel powerful.
(d) It allows blacks to do away with the guilt of the black power movement, and whites to feel powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group do many blacks say 'failed to recognize' what Steele failed to recognize?
2. What did Steele say is true of white guilt?
3. Steele said blacks are many times threatened by the repentance of whom?
4. Of the following, what is a factor of white guilt, per Steele's way of thinking?
5. What is the race / ethnicity of Steele's wife?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)