|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Affirmative Action, The Price of Preference.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When someone uses their race to avoid addressing how he / she really feels about something, the person is engaging in what, said Steele?
(b) Racial expression.
2. What did Steele mention happened to black racial identity throughout the 60's?
(a) It remained as it had previously been.
(b) For the first time, it was clearly defined.
(c) It was not acknowledged.
(d) It shifted.
3. What did Steele say racial preference produces?
(c) Dependence on entitlements.
4. In the university setting, who did Steele verbalize would not tell blacks what they think of their scholarships and not expect them to perform?
(b) Educators ONLY.
(c) Administrators ONLY.
(d) Educators and administrators.
5. What did Steele say is the driving force when one gives utmost attention to race?
Short Answer Questions
1. As per Steele's thoughts, what type of work ethic is generally indicative of someone in the middle class?
2. Of the following, what is a factor of white guilt, per Steele's way of thinking?
3. Who is white guilt beneficial to, in Steele's estimation?
4. At the conclusion of the introduction, who did Steele thank?
5. Methods of creating a black identity is also known as what, said Steele?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)