|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Being Black and Feeling Blue, Black Hesitation on the Brink.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Steele say pride requires of blacks?
(a) It requires them to help other races acquire racial pride.
(b) It allows them to feel good about themselves without being accountable for their actions.
(c) It requires them to have a 'racist' attitude.
(d) It requires them to be accountable for their actions.
2. In what state does Steele work?
(d) New York.
3. Steele said the only way to solve racial problems is to focus on what?
(a) Sexual consciousness.
(b) Ethical consciousness.
(c) Racial consciousness.
(d) Moral consciousness.
4. What is Steele's son's name?
(d) Shelby III.
5. What type of anxiety does Steele say is especially a problem for blacks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompted Steele to begin writing his first book?
2. How did Steele say blacks address doubt?
3. What type of shock did Steele say individuals are said to be a part of when in mixed-race situations?
4. What is the reason for the accusation against Steele in Chapter 2?
5. In terms of responding to racial insecurity, what did Steele comment blacks do with regard to names for themselves?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)