|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Being Black and Feeling Blue, Black Hesitation on the Brink.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the 'greatest barrier to black progress', according to Steele?
2. What is the oldest formula of aggression, according to Steele?
(a) Love in spite of how one is being treated is the best policy.
(b) Remain defensive in every situation to prevent being mistreated.
(c) If one mistreats another, that gives the other person the right to retaliate.
(d) One's difference from another makes him / her bad, which justifies another's power over that person.
3. Rather than doing away with racial insecurities, what type of state did Steele say many blacks fall into?
(b) Deep fear.
4. Steele said blacks are many times threatened by the repentance of whom?
(b) Other blacks.
(c) Their alter-egos.
(d) Their oppressors.
5. Who was Steele's editor for The Content of Our Character?
(a) Bill Thomas.
(b) Bob Jones.
(c) Tom Smith.
(d) Bill White.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Steele say has declined for blacks with respect to whites?
2. Who helped Steele in the overall writing of the book?
3. Steele mentioned that which of the following 'spreads like spilled paint'?
4. What does Steele say must be shared between blacks and whites?
5. What did Steele say is the driving force when one gives utmost attention to race?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)