|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Being Black and Feeling Blue, Black Hesitation on the Brink.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of anxiety does Steele say is especially a problem for blacks?
2. How does Steele define the self-descriptions that justify one's fears?
3. Steele's daughter's name is which of the following?
4. How did Steele say blacks address doubt?
(a) They deal with it head-on.
(b) They ask others to help them deal with it.
(c) They never have doubts.
(d) They avoid it.
5. Rather than doing away with racial insecurities, what type of state did Steele say many blacks fall into?
(b) Deep fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Steele stated that although some of his life experiences may be different from other races, what is true?
2. What is the oldest formula of aggression, according to Steele?
3. In what way did Steele say 'black innocence affects society and the government?
4. Who was Steele's editor for The Content of Our Character?
5. What type of shock did Steele say individuals are said to be a part of when in mixed-race situations?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)