|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, I'm Black, You're White, Who's Innocent?, Race and Power in an Era of Blame.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the 'greatest barrier to black progress', according to Steele?
2. What did Steele learn about himself when writing The Content of Our Character?
(a) That he was not a great writer after all.
(b) How he thought.
(c) How others viewed him.
(d) It was necessary to write the book with a partner.
3. Steele mentioned that which of the following 'spreads like spilled paint'?
4. What period in time did Steele refer to as 'turbulent'?
5. According to Steele, what did he have to remember and forget when writing?
(a) That he was a man.
(b) That he was poor.
(c) That he was black.
(d) That he was white.
Short Answer Questions
1. Steele said the only way to solve racial problems is to focus on what?
2. What did an old professor of Steele's say?
3. What president did Chapter 1 say Steele agrees with on many issues?
4. Steele's daughter's name is which of the following?
5. Steele said that being which of the following 'in no way spares one from being human'?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)