|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, I'm Black, You're White, Who's Innocent?, Race and Power in an Era of Blame.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inflates the individual seeking power over another, according to Steele?
2. Steele said what of 'black anger'?
(a) It is productive to the black race.
(b) It frightens whites.
(c) It flatters white power.
(d) It changes the stereotypes of the black race.
3. What two adjectives did Steele use to describe his editor?
(a) Sensitive, understanding.
(b) Firm, helpful.
(c) Bright, hard-working.
(d) Caring, considerate.
4. What did Steele say of the president mentioned in Chapter 1?
(a) He gave the average black American a way to be innocent.
(b) He proved the average white American was not innocent.
(c) He gave the average white American a way to be innocent.
(d) He proved the average black American was not innocent.
5. What did Steele say he had to seek in order to explain 'racial specifics'?
(a) The general populations' opinion of him.
(b) Human universals.
(c) The psychology of racism.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did Steele say 'black innocence affects society and the government?
2. Steele said that being which of the following 'in no way spares one from being human'?
3. What did Steele say is the driving force when one gives utmost attention to race?
4. What did Steele learn about himself when writing The Content of Our Character?
5. Of Jesse Jackson, Steele said he addresses the feeling of powerlessness in the following way(s):
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)