|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, I'm Black, You're White, Who's Innocent?, Race and Power in an Era of Blame.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did consciousness change for blacks from the early 60's to the late 60's, in Steele's opinion?
(a) Ethical to sexual consciousness.
(b) Moral to racial consciousness.
(c) Sexual to ethical consciousness.
(d) Racial to moral consciousness.
2. What period in time did Steele refer to as 'turbulent'?
3. What was Steele doing on the afternoon of the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. in 1986?
(a) Completing a homework assignment about race relations.
(b) Listening to an interview about the state of black America.
(c) Participating in a 'black panther' meeting.
(d) Arguing with his parents about the injustices of blacks.
4. Which of the following is the 'greatest barrier to black progress', according to Steele?
5. What topic of discussion did Steele and his friends 'suddenly' bring up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Steele say of the president mentioned in Chapter 1?
2. According to Steele, what did he have to remember and forget when writing?
3. What did Steele learn about himself when writing The Content of Our Character?
4. Steele mentioned that which of the following 'spreads like spilled paint'?
5. At the conclusion of the introduction, who did Steele thank?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)