|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, On Being Black and Middle Class.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When someone uses their race to avoid addressing how he / she really feels about something, the person is engaging in what, said Steele?
(b) Racial expression.
2. In what ways did Steele say blacks are excommunicated by their race when they create their own individual identity?
(b) Culturally ONLY.
(c) Socially and culturally.
(d) Socially ONLY.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many of his friends was Steele sipping chardonnay with?
4. According to Steele, when an individual is tired of thinking in racial terms, he / she is said to have which of the following?
5. What nickname did Chapter 4 say some blacks are given when they strive for achievement?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Steele work?
2. In what type of setting did Steele experience discrimination and therefore the feeling of inferiority?
3. What does Steele say is one of the downfalls of the 'black identity'?
4. What president did Chapter 1 say Steele agrees with on many issues?
5. What type of shock did Steele say individuals are said to be a part of when in mixed-race situations?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)