|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alfred pass on the street that says he will see him that night in Chapter 14?
(b) Mr. Donatelli.
(c) Mr. Epstein.
2. What months pass in Chapter 13?
(a) October and November.
(b) March and April.
(c) January and February.
(d) August and September.
3. Alfred begs Mr. Donatelli for what in the end of Chapter 18?
(b) One last fight.
4. Henry comes by at what time in Chapter 14?
(a) 8:45 a.m.
(b) 7:30 a.m.
(c) 10:00 a.m.
(d) 12:15 p.m.
5. What time are Henry and Alfred supposed to be at Donatelli's gym in Chapter 14?
(a) 9:00 a.m.
(b) 10:00 a.m.
(c) 11:00 a.m.
(d) 12:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Epstein's first name?
2. Where does Alfred go to look for James in Chapter 20?
3. What does Alfred end up drinking at the clubhouse in Chapter 11?
4. Before they leave for the fight, who tells Alfred that he talked to a doctor at the clinic in Chapter 19?
5. At Donatelli's, Alfred hands over what upon request in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Alfred go after being chased by the cops in Chapter 12? What does he do and think about his situation?
2. What leads to an argument between Alfred's uncle and cousin in Chapter 17?
3. How have Alfred's skills developed in Chapter 13? How has his character developed?
4. How does Alfred feel the day after the fight in Chapter 16? What happens at work?
5. Who does Alfred fight in his second fight in Chapter 16? How does the fight begin?
6. What exchange does Alfred have with Mr. Donatelli in Chapter 12? Where?
7. How does Alfred feel after his night out in Chapter 12? When does he wake up?
8. How does Alfred exhibit discipline during the fight in Chapter 14?
9. What information does Aunt Pearl reveal to Alfred when he returns home in Chapter 20?
10. What leads to Alfred's lapse in training in Chapter 12? What does he do instead?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)