|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Donatelli encourages Alfred to drink what in Chapter 14?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 19, Henry keeps commenting on how what Alfred is?
3. Alfred's opponent in Chapter 18 is not as fast as whom?
(d) Mr. Donatelli.
4. What time is it when Alfred awakens to a phone call in Chapter 12?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 9:30 p.m.
(c) 11:30 p.m.
(d) 2:45 a.m.
5. Alfred feels like there is a cold spot where in Chapter 14?
(a) His foot.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His wrist.
(d) His head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alfred is told to do what to his opponent in Chapter 16?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 11, who greets Alfred in the clubhouse and offers him a drink?
3. At Donatelli's, Alfred hands over what upon request in Chapter 14?
4. Why does Alfred go to the gym in Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 20, James is worried because he knows that if he goes to a hospital he is going to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Alfred and Jeff relate to one another in Chapter 17?
2. How does the fight end in Chapter 16? How does Alfred feel about it?
3. Who does Alfred fight in his second fight in Chapter 16? How does the fight begin?
4. How does Alfred feel the morning of his first fight in Chapter 14? What does he do?
5. What exchange does Alfred have with James when he arrives at the clubhouse in Chapter 11?
6. How does Alfred feel when his friends encourage him to work with kids at the school teaching about boxing in Chapter 16?
7. How have Alfred's skills developed in Chapter 13? How has his character developed?
8. How has the relationship between Alfred and Henry changed in Chapter 13?
9. What leads up to Alfred's drinking at the clubhouse in Chapter 11?
10. How does the fight end in Chapter 14? How does Alfred feel about it?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)