|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the bell rings during the fight in Chapter 16, Henry tells Alfred to go for what?
(a) The groin.
(b) The spirit.
(c) The throat.
(d) The knockout.
2. Where does Alfred go on a drive in Chapter 12?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) Madison Square Garden.
(c) Coney Island.
3. Where does Alfred go for an escape in Chapter 12?
(a) The boardwalk.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Central Park.
4. How does Alfred injure himself in Chapter 12?
(a) He breaks his toe.
(b) He breaks his arm.
(c) He twists his ankle.
(d) He sprains his wrist.
5. Mr. Donatelli tells Alfred that he does not have what in Chapter 18?
(a) Enough money to box.
(b) A decent car.
(c) A killer instinct.
(d) A girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punch does Alfred throw to win the fight in Chapter 16?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 11, who greets Alfred in the clubhouse and offers him a drink?
3. What does Alfred initially think James is when he first sees him on the stoop in Chapter 17?
4. Alfred discovers that the car he is riding in is what, in Chapter 12?
5. Who does Alfred discover paid for the robe he received in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alfred's encounter with James like in Chapter 17?
2. How does Alfred feel about Spoon and his neighborhood in Chapter 14? What does Spoon represent to Alfred?
3. How does Mr. Donatelli feel about the fight in Chapter 14? What does his gift represent to Alfred?
4. Describe Alfred's confrontation with James in Chapter 20. What is the outcome of their exchange?
5. What leads to Alfred's lapse in training in Chapter 12? What does he do instead?
6. Who is present at Thanksgiving dinner in Chapter 17? What is discussed regarding boxing at dinner?
7. How does Alfred feel the morning of his first fight in Chapter 14? What does he do?
8. How do Alfred and Jeff relate to one another in Chapter 17?
9. How have Alfred's skills developed in Chapter 13? How has his character developed?
10. What does Mr. Donatelli encourage Alfred to do in Chapter 18? Why?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)