|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alfred go on a drive in Chapter 12?
(a) Coney Island.
(b) New Jersey.
(d) Madison Square Garden.
2. Spoon says that what happened to him at school in Chapter 19?
(a) A kid pulled a knife on him.
(b) A teacher beat him at chess.
(c) A kid arm wrestled him.
(d) His father had a heart attack.
3. Where does Alfred go for an escape in Chapter 12?
(a) Central Park.
(b) The boardwalk.
(c) Times Square.
(d) A movie theater.
4. Henry tells Alfred that he's sorry the fight will be what in Chapter 19?
(c) His last.
5. Before they leave for the fight, who tells Alfred that he talked to a doctor at the clinic in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. Alfred is haunted by the sound of what in Chapter 16?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 11, who greets Alfred in the clubhouse and offers him a drink?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 19, Henry keeps commenting on how what Alfred is?
4. Henry tells Alfred that he doesn't do what so badly anymore because he doesn't think about it so much in Chapter 19?
5. What does Alfred's opponent do after the fight in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does Alfred fight in Chapter 18? How does the fight begin and end?
2. How does Alfred feel when his friends encourage him to work with kids at the school teaching about boxing in Chapter 16?
3. How does Mr. Donatelli feel about the fight in Chapter 14? What does his gift represent to Alfred?
4. How has the relationship between Alfred and Henry changed in Chapter 13?
5. How have Alfred's skills developed in Chapter 13? How has his character developed?
6. How does Alfred feel the morning of his first fight in Chapter 14? What does he do?
7. What exchange does Alfred have with James when he arrives at the clubhouse in Chapter 11?
8. How does the fight end in Chapter 16? How does Alfred feel about it?
9. Where does Alfred go after being chased by the cops in Chapter 12? What does he do and think about his situation?
10. What information does Aunt Pearl reveal to Alfred when he returns home in Chapter 20?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)