|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What location does Alfred wander past but not go in on his way home in Chapter 12?
(a) His aunt's house.
(b) Donatelli's gym.
(c) James's house.
(d) The church.
2. What does Pearl say James had done earlier in Chapter 20?
(a) Given a nice sermon.
(b) Stole her wallet.
(c) Kidnapped Major.
(d) Broken into the grocery store.
3. Before they leave for the fight, who tells Alfred that he talked to a doctor at the clinic in Chapter 19?
4. Alfred's opponent in Chapter 16 is too __________ for Alfred?
(a) Tall and lanky.
(c) Light and fast.
(d) Heavy and stable.
5. Alfred's opponent in Chapter 18 is not as strong as whom?
(a) Mr. Donatelli.
Short Answer Questions
1. Spoon says that what happened to him at school in Chapter 19?
2. Who does Alfred discover paid for the robe he received in Chapter 19?
3. What is a specific term for the probability of any strike to the head to cause unconsciousness in an opponent?
4. Alfred tells his family that he is planning to go back to finish high school by doing what in Chapter 17?
5. Where does Alfred go for an escape in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to Alfred's lapse in training in Chapter 12? What does he do instead?
2. Where does Alfred go after being chased by the cops in Chapter 12? What does he do and think about his situation?
3. What does Mr. Donatelli encourage Alfred to do in Chapter 18? Why?
4. How does Alfred feel the morning of his first fight in Chapter 14? What does he do?
5. How have Alfred's skills developed in Chapter 13? How has his character developed?
6. How does Mr. Donatelli feel about the fight in Chapter 14? What does his gift represent to Alfred?
7. How has working with Alfred changed Henry in Chapter 19? What does Henry reveal to Alfred in the chapter?
8. With whom does Alfred fight in Chapter 18? How does the fight begin and end?
9. What exchange does Alfred have with Mr. Donatelli in Chapter 12? Where?
10. How do Alfred and Jeff relate to one another in Chapter 17?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)