|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Mr. Donatelli tells Alfred that it is time for him to get a custom-made what?
(b) Jock strap.
2. What location does Alfred wander past but not go in on his way home in Chapter 12?
(a) James's house.
(b) His aunt's house.
(c) The church.
(d) Donatelli's gym.
3. In practice, Alfred surprises Angel with what punch in Chapter 13?
(a) A jab.
(b) A left hook.
(c) A right cross.
(d) An upper cut.
4. What is the outcome of the fight in Chapter 19?
(a) Alfred wins.
(b) Hubbard wins.
(c) Griffin wins.
(d) It's a draw.
5. Where does Alfred go for an escape in Chapter 12?
(a) The boardwalk.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Times Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Donatelli encourages Alfred to drink what in Chapter 14?
2. Where does Alfred go to look for James in Chapter 20?
3. Who tries to talk Alfred into working with children from the school in Chapter 16?
4. Henry notes that Alfred had done well because he was pivoting instead of what, in Chapter 13?
5. What time are Henry and Alfred supposed to be at Donatelli's gym in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is present at Thanksgiving dinner in Chapter 17? What is discussed regarding boxing at dinner?
2. What exchange does Alfred have with Aunt Pearl in Chapter 15?
3. How does Alfred feel after his night out in Chapter 12? When does he wake up?
4. What leads to Alfred's lapse in training in Chapter 12? What does he do instead?
5. With whom does Alfred fight in Chapter 18? How does the fight begin and end?
6. Where does Alfred go after being chased by the cops in Chapter 12? What does he do and think about his situation?
7. Describe Alfred's confrontation with James in Chapter 20. What is the outcome of their exchange?
8. How do Alfred and Jeff relate to one another in Chapter 17?
9. How does Alfred feel when his friends encourage him to work with kids at the school teaching about boxing in Chapter 16?
10. What leads to an argument between Alfred's uncle and cousin in Chapter 17?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)