|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alfred turn and see standing by the church door in Chapter 4?
(a) Hollis and Major.
(b) James and Sonny.
(c) Major and Hollis.
(d) Sonny and Hollis.
2. Who had decided that he and Alfred were going to be wrestlers after he found a boxing and wrestling magazine on the street in Chapter 7?
3. Who is taken by the police during the robbery in Chapter 1?
4. Who cheers Alfred on as he runs in the morning in Chapter 9?
(a) The cops.
(d) Mr. Donatelli.
5. Before he goes to sleep in Chapter 4, Alfred sets his alarm for what time?
(a) 5:30 a.m.
(b) 4:45 a.m.
(c) 7:15 a.m.
(d) 6:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character harasses Alfred for wearing street clothes, even though he doesn't have anything else to wear while exercising, in Chapter 6?
2. Who intercepts Alfred as he heads home in Chapter 1 after the robbery happened?
3. Alfred's new friends explain to him that the fight was called off because Donatelli didn't want what in Chapter 7?
4. Donatelli has high hopes pinned on his fighter, which is whom, in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 2, when Alfred leaves the apartment, a boy tells him that Sonny and who are looking for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways has Alfred overcome obstacles and fears in Chapter 6?
2. What is Alfred's reputation at work like in Chapter 5? What internal conflict does he face?
3. Discuss the conflicts in Chapter 6. What does Alfred learn from them?
4. What does Alfred do when the boys go to rob the store in Chapter 1? Where and why does he go to look for James?
5. How does Alfred begin his workout at the gym in Chapter 6? What other trainers does he interact with?
6. Who is James with when Alfred finds him in Chapter 1? What are these characters like?
7. How does the author show the differences of the world of television from Alfred's life in Chapter 2?
8. When does Alfred wake and leave the apartment in Chapter 2? Who does he encounter on his way out?
9. What does Alfred encounter when he enters Donatelli's gym in the beginning of Chapter 6? How does the gym differ from the society in which Alfred lives?
10. How does Alfred feel about the actions of James in Chapter 1? Why?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)