|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In literature, what conflicts occur when a character is in disagreement with him or herself?
(a) Internal conflicts.
(b) External conflicts.
(c) Character conflicts.
(d) Relational conflicts.
2. At what time does Donatelli tell Alfred he will have to be in bed at night in Chapter 3?
(a) 9:00 p.m.
(b) 7:30 p.m.
(c) 8:15 p.m.
(d) 10:30 p.m.
3. When Alfred was young, he and his friend imagined being wrestlers. Who was Alfred going to be?
(a) Brawlin' Brooks.
(b) Brawny Brooks.
(c) Bad Brooks.
(d) Behemoth Brooks.
4. What is Henry's last name in the novel?
5. Donatelli has high hopes pinned on his fighter, which is whom, in Chapter 7?
(a) Rivera Streeter.
(b) Willie Streeter.
(c) Harold Streeter.
(d) Griffin Streeter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Alfred thank for helping him the night he was beat up in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Alfred's aunt decide to talk to about Alfred's boxing in Chapter 9?
3. Alfred learns that who used to train as a boxer in Chapter 10?
4. How old is the character of Alfred at the beginning of the novel?
5. Who does Alfred turn and see standing by the church door in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alfred's training begin in Chapter 5? What leads to his dejection?
2. How does Alfred feel about his friendship with James in the beginning of Chapter 2? Where does Alfred recover?
3. How does Alfred act toward Mr. Donatelli in Chapter 3? What does he tell him is his motivation?
4. How does Donatelli evaluate Alfred in Chapter 3? What does he ask Alfred?
5. How does Alfred feel about his friendship with James in Chapter 10? What effect does this have on his training?
6. How does Alfred begin his workout at the gym in Chapter 6? What other trainers does he interact with?
7. When does Alfred wake and leave the apartment in Chapter 2? Who does he encounter on his way out?
8. What is Aunt Pearl's reaction to Alfred's news of training as a boxer in Chapter 9?
9. Who is James with when Alfred finds him in Chapter 1? What are these characters like?
10. How does the author describe Alfred's first few weeks of training in Chapter 10? What does Aunt Pearl learn?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)