|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops Alfred to question him in Chapter 5?
(b) The school principal.
(c) His father.
(d) Two policemen.
2. Whom does Alfred wish would run with him in the mornings in Chapter 10?
3. Alfred says that he wants to be a champion, and Donatelli points out that he has to start by being what in Chapter 3?
(a) A bully.
(c) A contender.
(d) A positive thinker.
4. Who intercepts Alfred as he heads home in Chapter 1 after the robbery happened?
(a) Bud and Major.
(b) Sonny and Hollis.
(c) Major and Sonny.
(d) Major and Hollis.
5. As Alfred tries to defend his boss in Chapter 1, he inadvertently lets the others know that there is still money in the cash register while the boss is where?
(a) At the synagogue..
(b) At the dentist.
(c) At dinner.
(d) At the racetrack.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man who approaches Alfred at the gym in Chapter 6 is what from downstairs?
2. Who questions about why Alfred is in such a good mood in the morning in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 2, when Alfred leaves the apartment, a boy tells him that Sonny and who are looking for him?
4. Alfred goes into his apartment feeling what at the end of Chapter 8?
5. Whom does Alfred thank for helping him the night he was beat up in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Alfred wake up after being beaten in Chapter 2? Who is with him?
2. What leads up to Alfred entering Donatelli's gym in Chapter 2?
3. How does Alfred feel about the actions of James in Chapter 1? Why?
4. Who is James with when Alfred finds him in Chapter 1? What are these characters like?
5. How does Alfred feel about his friendship with James in Chapter 10? What effect does this have on his training?
6. How does the author describe Madison Square Garden in Chapter 7? What are Alfred's impressions?
7. Discuss the conflicts in Chapter 6. What does Alfred learn from them?
8. In what ways has Alfred overcome obstacles and fears in Chapter 6?
9. What does Alfred do when the boys go to rob the store in Chapter 1? Where and why does he go to look for James?
10. How does the author describe Alfred's first few weeks of training in Chapter 10? What does Aunt Pearl learn?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)