|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alfred end up going for the first time in Chapter 2?
(a) The library.
(b) A car dealership.
(c) The movies.
(d) Donatelli's gym.
2. Alfred is told by the boys on his stoop that he has until how long to decide whether to help them in Chapter 8?
3. What refers to an act that looks appealing to an individual?
4. Who threatens to give Alfred a squealer's scar in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 6, Henry eventually shows up, telling Alfred that he had to go downtown to pick up something for whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. The man from downstairs offers Alfred some advice, telling him to begin with what in Chapter 6?
2. Alfred hears music from what instrument before the fight in Chapter 7?
3. Alfred says that he wants to be a champion, and Donatelli points out that he has to start by being what in Chapter 3?
4. Who stops Alfred to question him in Chapter 5?
5. Who walks into the store and asks if Alfred is going to go to the gym in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the conflicts in Chapter 6. What does Alfred learn from them?
2. Where is Alfred in the beginning of Chapter 1? Where does he go to look for James? How does Alfred feel about James?
3. How does Alfred act toward Mr. Donatelli in Chapter 3? What does he tell him is his motivation?
4. How does Alfred's training begin in Chapter 5? What leads to his dejection?
5. How does Alfred feel about his friendship with James in the beginning of Chapter 2? Where does Alfred recover?
6. How is Alfred's morning run described in the beginning of Chapter 9? What does he reveal to his aunt?
7. How does the author show the differences of the world of television from Alfred's life in Chapter 2?
8. What do Major and his gang tell Alfred when he arrives home in Chapter 8? What is Alfred's response?
9. What is juxtaposed against Alfred's home life in Chapter 4? What contrast is illustrated?
10. In what ways has Alfred overcome obstacles and fears in Chapter 6?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)