|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who questions about why Alfred is in such a good mood in the morning in Chapter 9?
(b) Mr. Donatelli.
2. Who is Alfred waiting for in the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 2, when Alfred leaves the apartment, a boy tells him that Sonny and who are looking for him?
4. Who intercepts Alfred as he heads home in Chapter 1 after the robbery happened?
(a) Sonny and Hollis.
(b) Major and Sonny.
(c) Major and Hollis.
(d) Bud and Major.
5. To what arena does Alfred go to see the fight in Chapter 7?
(a) HP Pavilion.
(b) The United Center.
(c) Madison Square Garden.
(d) Rogers Arena.
6. Who does Alfred see through the store window at work in Chapter 6?
7. What does Alfred leave the apartment to do in the morning in Chapter 5?
(a) Go to the gym.
(b) Go running.
(c) Get coffee.
(d) Rob a store.
8. In the beginning of Chapter 2, when Alfred wakes up, he is where?
(a) In a field.
(b) In Pearl's bed.
(c) Tied to a chair.
(d) In a ditch.
9. Alfred dropped out of school in what grade?
10. Who had decided that he and Alfred were going to be wrestlers after he found a boxing and wrestling magazine on the street in Chapter 7?
11. Where did Robert Lipsyte attend college?
(a) New York University.
(b) Rutgers University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Columbia University.
12. Whom does Alfred wish would run with him in the mornings in Chapter 10?
13. Who have gone away on a break, leaving Alfred alone at the apartment in Chapter 10?
(a) His brother and father.
(b) His mother and aunt.
(c) His aunt and cousins.
(d) His mother and step-father.
14. In Chapter 6, a man tells Alfred that Mr. Donatelli is with one of the boys who is going to fight where that night?
(a) Madison Square Garden.
(b) Joe Louis Arena.
(c) HP Pavilion.
(d) Atlantic City.
15. What day of the week is it in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taunts Alfred for being so dressed in Chapter 8?
2. Alfred goes into his apartment feeling what at the end of Chapter 8?
3. Who hands Alfred a ticket to the fight that night in Chapter 6?
4. In what neighborhood of New York does Alfred live?
5. In Chapter 6, Alfred bounces up the stairs to the gym and he doesn't see Mr. Donatelli or whom?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)