|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alfred says that he wants to be a champion, and Donatelli points out that he has to start by being what in Chapter 3?
(a) A contender.
(b) A bully.
(d) A positive thinker.
2. Who is Alfred waiting for in the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. Who comes to the gym and tells Alfred that he should join them that night in Chapter 10?
4. In literature, what conflicts occur when a character is in disagreement with him or herself?
(a) External conflicts.
(b) Internal conflicts.
(c) Character conflicts.
(d) Relational conflicts.
5. Alfred hears music from what instrument before the fight in Chapter 7?
(a) A guitar.
(b) An organ.
(c) A tuba.
(d) A harp.
6. In Chapter 6, Alfred bounces up the stairs to the gym and he doesn't see Mr. Donatelli or whom?
7. The man from downstairs offers Alfred some advice, telling him to begin with what in Chapter 6?
(d) Jumping jacks.
8. In Chapter 2, Alfred wishes he could just stay in his bed until he is 18 when he can go do what?
(a) Buy cigarettes.
(b) Become a truck driver.
(c) Join the Army.
(d) Go to college.
9. Who leaves the gym in shame after a confrontation in Chapter 6?
10. What causes tensions to be particularly high at the gym in Chapter 10?
(a) The snow.
(b) The cold.
(c) The heat.
(d) The loud noise.
11. Everyone who works at the arena in Chapter 7 seems to be what?
(b) On heroin.
12. The man who approaches Alfred at the gym in Chapter 6 is what from downstairs?
(a) A bartender.
(b) A barber.
(c) A dentist.
(d) A salesman.
13. Alfred goes into his apartment feeling what at the end of Chapter 8?
14. What night of the week is it in Chapter 8?
15. What is the name of Alfred's boss at his job?
(a) Mr Johnson.
(b) Mr. Streeter.
(c) Mr. Brooks.
(d) Mr. Epstein.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, a man tells Alfred that Mr. Donatelli is with one of the boys who is going to fight where that night?
2. Who stops Alfred to question him in Chapter 5?
3. When Alfred was young, he and his friend imagined being wrestlers. Who was Alfred going to be?
4. What is the name of Alfred's cousin who attends college?
5. Where does Alfred end up going for the first time in Chapter 2?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)